Thread: Air Arms TX200SR L/H .22 Cal.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Air Arms TX200SR L/H .22 Cal.

Finally collected the above air rifle from Tony yesterday, its brilliant ! Why arent these made anymore ?

But I'd like to make a special statemant of Thanks to Alistair (CLOGGER) who spotted and sourced the rifle on my behalf from his local RFD !
    Alistair without prompting from myself initiated a great deal on the rifle and safely delivered it to Tony at the recent Spring Bash which I couldn't attend.

So, once more, a sincere thankyou Alistair for all your input and Tony for delivering the goods, its (Top) Blokes like this that makes the Spring Bash AND the BBS what it is !

You're both Stars !
    John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Thank you for your kind comments, John.

It was more than worth the effort just to see that smile on your face yesterday.

Have you had a play with it yet?

Nice rifle that is.

And I think your efforts recently in helping with the transportation of Trumpetier's 95 were a further example of the community spirit and friendliness delivered by the BBS and Boingerers.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Finally collected the above air rifle from Tony yesterday, its brilliant ! Why arent these made anymore ?
    But I'd like to make a special statemant of Thanks to Alistair (CLOGGER) who spotted and sourced the rifle on my behalf from his local RFD !
    Alistair without prompting from myself initiated a great deal on the rifle and safely delivered it to Tony at the recent Spring Bash which I couldn't attend.

So, once more, a sincere thankyou Alistair for all your input and Tony for delivering the goods, its (Top) Blokes like this that makes the Spring Bash AND the BBS what it is !

You're both Stars !
    John.
    Production costs I think ? I have a Walnut LH SR in .22 and absolutely love it, now that Iv'e stopped the sledge from working loose by fitting Aerotight lock nuts in place of the Nylocs.
    They really are a superb rifle. enjoy
    Last edited by gordon; 27-06-2016 at 10:14 AM.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Thank you for your kind comments, John.

It was more than worth the effort just to see that smile on your face yesterday.

Have you had a play with it yet?

Nice rifle that is.

And I think your efforts recently in helping with the transportation of Trumpetier's 95 were a further example of the community spirit and friendliness delivered by the BBS and Boingerers.
    Not managed a "serious play" with it yet but that's to come very soon !
    Not entirely sure what scope to mount on it but I have a nice Bushnel Legend 3-9x40 doing nowt at the mo so that might do the trick !

Sure is a terrific air rifle and I'm really chuffed at finding a nice one with a left hand stock !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

They are the best Springer ever made. Pity they stopped production because of costs. I have four SRs myself 2 of each calibre in mk1 & mk 2 plus a left handed walnut.

I have a LH walnut in .177. Absolutely love the thing. Would be interesting to know just how much these would cost new today.

There must be another reason why AA don't make these.

I cannot believe for one second that, with about a dozen different variants (maybe more) of the 400/ 500 platform that high manufacturing costs are to blame.

Poor sales maybe, but that is a very different reason to "manufacturing costs."

I like the SR's - I think they are a great solution - if the recoil of a TX is something that you cannot get along with.

If the BFTA allowed these in the piston class - they would still be made and AA would still be charging what they wanted for them.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

Doubly rare - rare in LH, and rare in .22
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

I managed to get hold of a mint one recently in .177 in a custom stock after looking about for years.

From the information I've dug up - I think these can only be used in HFT / FT Open Class and nothing else competition wise? Please correct me if I'm wrong though!

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    I managed to get hold of a mint one recently in .177 in a custom stock after looking about for years.

From the information I've dug up - I think these can only be used in HFT / FT Open Class and nothing else competition wise? Please correct me if I'm wrong though!
    I think you are correct.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Personally I cannot feel any recoil on the rifle, it's like a PCP and is on a par with my F300S ! The build quality is first rate and it looks sublime.
    A terrific air rifle !
    “An airgun or two”………

CLOGGER is online now Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    John.
    I'm so glad that you're chuffed with your new acquisition John - that really does make it all worth while.
    I never doubted that Tony would get it to you safe and sound, he's a safe pair of hands

2 questions for the TX200SR experts out there in BBS land.
    When did Air Arms commence and cease production of the SR model?
    What's the age of John's rifle? The serial number is 9696 I believe. I did email AA with the question, but this time they haven't replied.

I'm now determined to keep a look out for a right hand version for myself! Having experienced the delights of John's rifle when I did pre-purchase appraisal of it for him (we're 200 miles apart!), I really want one. I did tell him he wouldn't have got a look in if it had been a right hander

Atb, Clogger

Alistair, I have checked with Air Arms in respect of the date of manufacture and the reply is;
    27-2-96.

Cheers
    John
    “An airgun or two”………