Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Impact Airguns

Impact Airguns

A mate of mine has a GSX600 on order with Impact for over two months now
    Every time he rings on its progress they tell him they are waiting for (a) stock from Custom Stocks.
    They say they only order a stock when someone orders a GSX600.
    Surely if you are running a buisness you would have a few stocks (in stock)

Seems a strange way to run a business to me, needless to say he is getting a bit frustrated.
    Last edited by Stormdancer; 23-04-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Seems a long time to wait for stock from cs. odd

Quote Originally Posted by Rammer View Post
    A mate of mine has a GSX600 on order with Impact for over two months now
    Every time he rings on its progress they tell him they are waiting for (a) stock from Custom Stocks.
    They say they only order a stock when someone orders a GSX600.
    Surely if you are running a buisness you would have a few stocks (in stock)

Seems a strange way to run a business to me, needless to say he is getting a bit frustrated.
    Regrettably this is how a great many small and medium sized businesses are run these days so as not tie up company cash in unwanted stock. I know that a lot of smaller optical equipment suppliers get the orders in for a particular product and then order from the manufacturer to obtain a bulk buying discount. However, I would have thought that at the point of order a delivery time should have been specified and if not delivered on time then the company is in breach of contract. The usual waiting period from custom stocks is 5~6 weeks for private orders.

A.G

I ordered a stock from 'Custom Stock' 3 weeks ago, they don't take any money from your account until they start work on it. Guess what, yes they haven't taken any money yet, so I guess I'm going to have a long wait for mine. I have to agree that you would think any supplier would have at least one in stock for potential customers though. Potential loss of future sales for sure.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Only ever waited Two- three weeks for a stock from CS , so god knows why impact are taking a long time , unless they owe custom stocks money and on the stop list

last stock I got from custom stocks took 5 days

They said the GSX600 is a very labour intensive stock so it may well take six weeks, which makes you wonder why the Airgun Manufacturer (Impact) would not have at least one in stock to sell a rifle model they advertise.

He wanted to buy from a dealer, but having phoned half the countries gun dealers, he couldn't find anyone who carried there air rifles or who would deal with them.

sounds familiar shame because they look like a quality rifle.
    Last edited by Stormdancer; 23-04-2016 at 12:49 PM.

They said the GSX600 is a very labour intensive stock so it may well take six weeks, which makes you wonder why the Airgun Manufacturer (Impact) would not have at least one in stock to sell a rifle model they advertise.
    I find this very strange. I can accept it is a labour intensive stock to make, I think, but six weeks? Why six weeks? How long is the making (cutting, inletting etc to arrive at a bare stock) process from start to finish ..2hours? 4 hours? 6 hours? 8 hours? Admittedly the finishing process i.e. oil applications etc may take time but six weeks? Now if they are so busy there is a waiting list before stock making can start, then that is different. But if so, why not say so?

Maybe I have the situation all wrong ......
    Cheers, Phil

I don't see a problem with Custom Stocks if they are busy making all types of stocks then the that's great and the very best to them.

But as an airgun manufacturer who uses them for there stocks,knowing how long they take to be made you would think that you would try and keep at least one or two in stock so you have a finished airgun model to sell.

I appreciate they are a small company and cash flow is probably difficult, but it makes you wonder how many people decided against there product because of the waiting time and shopped elsewhere.

I'm no expert but I have worked in retail for over 30 years and it is very difficult to sell what you don't have.
    Last edited by Stormdancer; 23-04-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I find this very strange. I can accept it is a labour intensive stock to make, I think, but six weeks? Why six weeks? How long is the making (cutting, inletting etc to arrive at a bare stock) process from start to finish ..2hours? 4 hours? 6 hours? 8 hours? Admittedly the finishing process i.e. oil applications etc may take time but six weeks? Now if they are so busy there is a waiting list before stock making can start, then that is different. But if so, why not say so?

Maybe I have the situation all wrong ......
    Cheers, Phil
    Custom stocks do make a lot of gun stocks for air rifles of different brands. If the CNC machines are set up to do a certain number of stocks before resetting to do another then a delay is inevitable. If they are making the stock on a one off basis then this will go to end of the queue. They are specifying a 6 weeks waiting time on their auction on the usual site. The point is that this delay should have been mentioned to the customer at the point of order. The buyer is dealing with a shop I presume so the responsibility for the delay is with the shop I am afraid.

A.G

GSX600 sounds like is should be a motorbike

I have heard of smaller businesses do this, I know some custom PC builders only order the parts and build the item when they receive an order, to save having dead stock sat on shelves.

Like i said before to plumbing and building merchants , if you haven't got it ,you cant sell it and if you cant sell it you have no money

Expensive product, endless quality issues, no stock..

Sounds like they will be in receivership again very soon.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Custom stocks do make a lot of gun stocks for air rifles of different brands. If the CNC machines are set up to do a certain number of stocks before resetting to do another then a delay is inevitable. If they are making the stock on a one off basis then this will go to end of the queue. They are specifying a 6 weeks waiting time on their auction on the usual site. The point is that this delay should have been mentioned to the customer at the point of order. The buyer is dealing with a shop I presume so the responsibility for the delay is with the shop I am afraid.

A.G

This thread is not about custom stocks it's about Impact Air rifles and there lack of carrying any stocks on the shelf.
    And as stated the customer is dealing direct with Impact as no dealers carry there products.

This thread is not about custom stocks it's about Impact Air rifles and there lack of carrying any stocks on the shelf.
    And as stated the customer is dealing direct with Impact as no dealers carry there products.
    Maybe Impact do normally hold 1 or more Stocks on the shelf Maybe someone else recently bought one & therefore took the last one Impact had on the shelf.

I guess I must also be lucky that one of my local gun shops does stock Impact Rifles.

Like it or not the manufacture & sale of air guns is NOT a mass production situation where the majority of manufacturers are big enough to hold several of every part for every rifle in some huge warehouse,

every part sat gathering dust on a shelf is cash tied up doing nothing, paying no bill or earning no interest.