Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulldog Pellets

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    It's either bid sniping, placing a manual bid at the last second, or someone using sniping softwear. Or, as sugested, you're just unlucky sometimes.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I think it is more likely to be shill bidding, when an unscrupulous seller with access to two Bay accounts, probably the second account belonging to his wife or a friend, bids on his own item to nudge the price up as high as possible. If it doesn't max out at a figure that satisfies him then he just puts in one more bid. Immediate barring from the Bay if found out, but who bothers to check?

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I think it is more likely to be shill bidding, when an unscrupulous seller with access to two Bay accounts, probably the second account belonging to his wife or a friend, bids on his own item to nudge the price up as high as possible. If it doesn't max out at a figure that satisfies him then he just puts in one more bid. Immediate barring from the Bay if found out, but who bothers to check?
    l think you are right there, l have watched items have over 20 bids on them and been sold, then to be relised less than 1 hour later, as you say don't care.

ive mentioned this

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Ive mentioned this in the past, my daughter is quite au fait with e bay and shes pointed this out to me on a number of occasions. Since then ive actually spoke to two people who have two e bay accounts and they do just what you have suggested, and often one of the give-aways is that the seller will hide bidders IDs, otherwise its easy to check what percentage of bids have been with the seller and how often its occurring.
    rgds
    eric