Thread: Nikko C-more 1x10x24, Leapers 3x12x44, Connect 24 comparison.

Nikko C-more 1x10x24, Leapers 3x12x44, Connect 24 comparison.

I recently bought a used C-more 1x10x24, i mounted it on mt Phoenix mk2 and it looks great, i had a connect 24 on there previously but it looked odd hanging off the back of the action and didn't really suit the gun, i spotted the C-more and thought its a connect with eye relief, wide field of view and quality glass. In use the C-more is a nice scope but, as far as field of view its no connect, i looked at a tape measure at 10mtrs and at 6 power i could see 13.5" of tape and at 10 power i could see 22.5", this compares to my Leapers 3x12x44 which showed 15" at 6 power and 24" at 10, the connect however showed 23" at 6 power and 45" at 10, big difference, i wish MTC would make a connect with eye relief if that's possible. The C-more image is clear at ranges above 20mtrs but bellow that is blurs due to the paralax being set at 100yds, also at high mag you have to keep your eye in the center or it greys out, could be a good thing, if it had side adjustable paralax it would be a lot better for air gun use, i would put the Leapers ahead of the C-more though the Leapers ret is too thick, it should be etched instead of wire, at £279 new the Nikko Sterling C-more 1x10x24 is over priced and though it is well built it should be a similar price to the leapers who's image quality is better and equal to the connect, the connect in my opinion is in a class of it's own and for me is deserving of its £270 price tag, excellent for bullpup use.
    The C-more i bought was £185 inc postage and at that i am happy enough with my purchase, it suits the gun so much, if i had payed the full price i wouldn't be so happy, the Leapers is a very nice scope, the downsides of which are thick ret and a bit bulky but is great value for money. I might add the half milldot ret in the C-more may annoy some but not me.
    I reckon if Leapers used an etched ret on their 3x12x44 compact they'd have a winner, something along the lines of the MTC ret, either one of them would do nicely..
    Last edited by buttloaves; 26-06-2016 at 12:02 AM. Reason: just fine tuning

I have a c-more and think its a cracking optic! I've adjusted the parallax down, but it,still needs adjusting!! Once I've got it clear at 30-35 yds, be sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by the hillbilly View Post
    I have a c-more and think its a cracking optic! I've adjusted the parallax down, but it,still needs adjusting!! Once I've got it clear at 30-35 yds, be sorted!
    What model c-more have you got, mine isn't parallax adjustable

c more

I have a c more 2-20x44 . Shot from 35 yds out to 1000 ysds at WMS rifle range . Only fault was the parallax dial collar came loose and needs gluing back in place but otherwise spot on . I would prefer a red dot over the illuminated cross hair . This can be black switched off or red / green when on . I paid £150.00 . Well worth the money but at full price no would not have bought one
    if its hit its history if its missed its mystery
    a gun is always loaded a mule always kicks