Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Name and shame - Thegogg

Quote Originally Posted by Half MOA View Post
    Edited that for you
    Thankyou sir, your accuracy as a literarian is obviously as accute as your marksmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71

You may be comfortable with your reply. You won't be comfortable with your future on this most excellent forum. You, Thegogg and the AirgunBBS are no longer compatible. You've made your bed kiddo.
    The name of Neil Edwards has already been sullied in airgun circles. I propose that a full apology and refund should be given and we then draw a line under it.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Shame on you sir. The only reaction should be to offer a full refund and then try to sell the scope again with a correct description.
    ^^this^^

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynabal View Post
    That's not Excellent condition! The seller knew he'd get less for the scope or no sale at all if people saw thew damage, because marks like this just show people the person doesn't look after their stuff. Is there any way to add people to a blacklist I've had good experiences so far on this forum I'd hate to accidentally buy from this con artist...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Flashheart View Post
    Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Haha... it was deliciously paradoxical.
    It's also a trip to the naughty step
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

So what is the 'scope worth with the gouge? If the gouge really grinds your gears and the seller has dug his heels in, does that mean there is a bargain to be had?

I'll start the bidding at £90 delivered (unless that is against forum rules, in which case, I don't)

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Plain and simple, seller has misdescribed the item. If the buyer isn't interested in a partial refund then seller should accept it's return at his expense and refund.

Doubt seller will be making many further sales on here, muck sticks or something like that.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

The one and only beef I've had when selling goods on a certain online auction site concerned a pair of Ford body panels.

Believed to be genuine Ford items,new old stock with manufacturer's labels was part of my description.

The buyer contacted me and complimented my packing and quick delivery but despite them having Ford labels, claimed they were aftermarket parts.

No problem I said, full refund offered,he replied saying he would to keep the parts but wanted a partial refund,which I gave him.

Guess what?,the parts appeared a short while later, offered for sale on the dealer's website as genuine new old stock.

In this case I'd just offer a full refund,considering the sum involved,life's too short.

PP

If Paypal was used in the normal way, ie not as gift. Would Paypal actually be able to sort this out ? How does that work then ??

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    If Paypal was used in the normal way, ie not as gift. Would Paypal actually be able to sort this out ? How does that work then ??

Chris
    Buyer would start a not happy with item claim, paypal would freeze the money until the seller sorted it out to the buyers satisfaction, if not the buyer escalates the claim and paypal decides on any action with the possibility of a strike against the seller.

I have actually just bought something on here and was going to pay as a friend but decided to pay and extra couple of quid to help ay the sellers fees instead, not that I envisage a problem, like I said in a previous posting there has to be an element of trust in buying and selling on a forum, hopefully most peoples reputations are worth more than a few quid, mine certainly is.
    AA S510R TDR Hawke Vantage SF 4-16X44

This is exactly why the Mods made the rule that paying by PayPal gift is against the rules.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegogg View Post
    That's my reply and I'm comfortable with it.

Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    This is exactly why the Mods made the rule that paying by PayPal gift is against the rules.
    How do you go on buying a rifle, as PayPal don't allow payment for guns, so paying with fees would make no difference. and then there's the buyer who uses the protection fees to rip the seller off. All this is spelling the end of distance selling For the over suspicious buyer. I personally would take a chance on here paying as friends as most guys on here are honest. Ok I've had the odd miss described item but a resolve has been met.
    I think the seller in this instance is wrong and should have given a full refund including return postage once the scope was recieved back and think he's a fool for not doing it and might as well leave the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegogg View Post
    Ok, I've waited for enough people to read the post and add their comments before I replied, so here it is.

I did describe the scope as being in excellent condition, which in hindsight was incorrect in the cosmetic sense. But, the scope is in excellent working condition with no mechanical or optical (lens etc) faults.

There is a scratch on the ocular bell but it has no effect whatsoever on its performance and if cosmetic appearance was the most important factor to the buyer then he should have asked for pictures, which I'd have gladly supplied but he didn't.

I like the buyer have also bought and sold many items on here and other forums and never had any problems and regularly use paypal gift (as a buyer and seller) because neither side incurs any commission costs.

I wanted £140 for the scope and the buyer offered £120 so I agreed to sell it for £130 to include £10 RMSD so paying just over half the price of new (they're £225 new), for a quality scope in excellent working condition but with a cosmetic scratch on it, doesn't seem a bad deal to me.

That's my reply and I'm comfortable with it.
    That's a disgusting reply. I suggest you go and have a long look in the mirror. Your name in airgun circles is now shite. I hope the mods ban you for life.

Neil Edwards...Thegogg, you've been added to my "TURD" list
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    How do you go on buying a rifle, as PayPal don't allow payment for guns, so paying with fees would make no difference. and then there's the buyer who uses the protection fees to rip the seller off. All this is spelling the end of distance selling For the over suspicious buyer. I personally would take a chance on here paying as friends as most guys on here are honest. Ok I've had the odd miss described item but a resolve has been met.
    I think the seller in this instance is wrong and should have given a full refund including return postage once the scope was recieved back and think he's a fool for not doing it and might as well leave the forum.
    How do you go on buying a rifle, as PayPal don't allow payment for guns, so paying with fees would make no difference
    Why can't face to face be an option for buying a rifle? I actually think it's the best way to avoid problems.
    Bank transfer?
    Plenty of other money transfer apps out there. Ping It, Google Wallet, SnapCash to name 3.

All this is spelling the end of distance selling For the over suspicious buyer.
    Or the buyer who wants to see the kit he's paying a lot of money for. That's just common sense, not suspicion.

I think the seller in this instance is wrong
    Me too. A bad deal can happen due to unforeseen circumstances, but this sale was simply a case of deliberate misdescription.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Iv'e bought and sold a bit on here and other forums, always put loads of pictures up, and I save a copy of the photos until the buyer confirms safe arrival , small low cost items Iv'e paid by PP, larger more costly prefer bank transfer and if I'm buying, I have collected, or had collected by a mate who knows his guns
    Most rifles iv'e bought have been F/F and as described some times better! and with the fuel costing usually less than posting I would rather travel a few miles than risk it .

Regards Gordon.
    Last edited by gordon; 26-06-2016 at 10:38 AM.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

I think that we all just need a breath.

its easy to post in anger and then harder to back away from a position.

i am sure in the cold light of day the right thing will be done.