Thread: What do you do If your pcp is over 12 fpe?

What do you do If your pcp is over 12 fpe?

With your 12# rule

1-does that force all pcp owners to own a chronograph?

2-Being that I found out that on British forums it's a no no to ask about power adjustments on PCPs. What do you do?

3-has anybody been checked on airgun power by an authority? It would seem a slippery path to walk if you are close to the limit

I hope this thread is OK.
    G A Damron V ,the vegatarian varmint destroyer.

everyone should have a chrono but not everyone does have one

take it to a shop to have the work done if you dont know how to do it yourself

ive never been checked and i dont know anyone that has

You can expect your rifle to be checked if you enter a UKAHFT national competition or at the HFT World Championships organised by the UKAHFT. Checks are carried out on the course and if your rifle is found to be OTT you will be stopped from competing any further. It will be your responsibility to to sort your rifle out and, if you cannot do this yourself, there are normally people at HFT clubs who have the necessary skills to do this. It is normally also a requirement of shooting at any HFT club that your rifle is within the limit .. insurance and terms of membership, permission to shoot on the land. I believe that if you take your rifle to an RFD for checking and it is found to be OTT then the RFD can, and will be obliged to, keep your rifle for 'repair' before giving it back. However, I believe this is a grey area and maybe some RFDs will let you take the rifle away for repair elsewhere provided the degree of OTT is small.

Cheers, Phil
    Last edited by T 20; 25-06-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrympope View Post
    With your 12# rule

1-does that force all pcp owners to own a chronograph?

2-Being that I found out that on British forums it's a no no to ask about power adjustments on PCPs. What do you do?

3-has anybody been checked on airgun power by an authority? It would seem a slippery path to walk if you are close to the limit

I hope this thread is OK.

Harry, you may be better off asking about power modifications on a U.S. Forum.