Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question.Schimal air pistol.

Question.Schimal air pistol.

Iam waiting for my latest acquisition to arrive, namely a Schimal P22.air pistol.what are the best 8 gram co2.capsules to
    use in this pistol etc, and also the best supplier. I have a seal kit for these if needed.Also thinking about it the best pellets
    and lubricant for same pistol.Your comments please.Roly.

aimless Guest

Smile

IMO Schimel ????

Hi Roly,

I'm not sure there is a wide choice of 8grm capsules, so I wouldn't worry too much about a specific brand. My Schimel seems happy with RWS Hobby, but I haven't really experimented a great deal with this. Drill yourself to reset the cocking catch before each operation of the lever to avoid loss of all the gas should you forget. It's a pity the designers didn't have time to introduce some sort of interlink between these components before they went out of business.

I put a spot of Crosman Pelgun oil on the tip of every 5th capsule or so to keep things lubricated. Whilst I wouldn't recommend intensive use of the Shimel, I have found regular use of these Gas pistols seems to help with reliability.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 26-06-2016 at 01:17 PM.

schimal

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi Roly,

I'm not sure there is a wide choice of 8grm capsules, so I wouldn't worry too much about a specific brand. My Schimel seems happy with RWS Hobby, but I haven't really experimented a great deal with this. Drill yourself to reset the cocking catch before each operation of the lever to avoid loss of all the gas should you forget. It's a pity the designers didn't have time to introduce some sort of interlink between these components before they went out of business.

I put a spot of Crosman Pelgun oil on the tip of every 5th capsule or so to keep things lubricated. Whilst I wouldn't recommend intensive use of the Shimel, I have found regular use of these Gas pistols seems to help with reliability.

Regards

Brian
    Thanks for your advice Brian. roly.

All the Schimel shooters at our club get their capsules from Wilko at £4 for 10, just because its easy to shop there. My two Schimels are not pellet fussy and shoot very accurately with all the pellets I have tried in them.

Baz

http://www.wilko.com/homebrew-access...k/invt/0022562
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    All the Schimel shooters at our club get their capsules from Wilko at £4 for 10, just because its easy to shop there. My two Schimels are not pellet fussy and shoot very accurately with all the pellets I have tried in them.

Baz

Many thanks. Roly.

hitching a ride

Does anyone know how rare yellow schimel ammo tube with ammo inside is worth?
    eric

Note that original Schimel ammo was .22 cal ball ammo not pellets.

Value of the original Schimel tube ammo would be pretty high in the US; at least $50 plus for a nice full example. I have a like-new in box Schimel that I got cheap from a BB tube collector who purchased the complete gun and box for the rare Schimel BB tube it contained.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post

Baz

Hi Roly

As stated above, 8grm capsules are readily available from the home brew counter at Wilko or indeed any home brew shop. I have bought from both outlets and have only seen capsules from one manufacturer.

It has been reported that the trigger and charging lever in particular are prone to fracture if excess force is used, so be a bit careful with their use. I have found the Schimel a pleasure to shoot and quite noisy which is all part of the fun.

Let us know how you get on when your pistol finally arrives.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi Roly

As stated above, 8grm capsules are readily available from the home brew counter at Wilko or indeed any home brew shop. I have bought from both outlets and have only seen capsules from one manufacturer.

It has been reported that the trigger and charging lever in particular are prone to fracture if excess force is used, so be a bit careful with their use. I have found the Schimel a pleasure to shoot and quite noisy which is all part of the fun.

Let us know how you get on when your pistol finally arrives.

Regards

Brian
    Will do Roly.

Schimal

PS.In anticipation of the schimal coming my way , i found on e/b. seal kits for the schimal so i bought one just in case of
    troublein the future.If interested its item. 131843593026.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    Note that original Schimel ammo was .22 cal ball ammo not pellets.

Value of the original Schimel tube ammo would be pretty high in the US; at least $50 plus for a nice full example. I have a like-new in box Schimel that I got cheap from a BB tube collector who purchased the complete gun and box for the rare Schimel BB tube it contained.
    sorry for delay replying, my health has not been good lately and hobbies are on a back burner.
    Yes as you say they are ball ammo in a yellow schimel marked tube, were for sale with boxed pistol also with powerlets, not sure if they have sold.
    rgds eric

I always found that Gamo lead balls worked very well with the schimels I have had in the past, not many places sell the .22 lead ball but they are easily obtained on the web

one of my top three all time favourite pistols if you get a good one

enjoy when it arrives,

I agree, one of my favourites. The Schimel brothers in California were clever guys and I am sorry they never had the materials available today to make it more successful at the time, must have been difficult work then. Glad the family is trying to keep the legend going with parts availability. You can see two of my pistols in a black case on their website, one has the new grips they are supplying. The old grips tend to shrink slightly due to age. Lawrie tells me there are four different internal designs on the grip valve system, he has worked on over a 100 of these. I had a strange experience with one that I re-sealed. People tend to scratch the internal surface of the gas chamber and make them leak by using metal tools to remove the old cup seals. I repaired it by polishing out and also moving the lip of the seal to a different position by putting a washer behind it. I thought this will bring the power down now because there is less gas volume, but it went up slightly. Any clever people got an answer for this happening ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

The Schimel can prefer either of two slightly differing 8g capsules. They differ in neck and length ever so slightly. My GP22 prefers the 8g capsules you can buy commonly from homebrew or wilko whilst my P22 prefers a brand that can be bought from professional chef supplies and . If you find the wilko ones don't fit, let me know and I'll send a link to the other kind.

I've always used pellets in mine rather than lead balls as the barrel is rifled.

Here is a link to my blog with a very short article about a repair I made to the grip seal. At some stage I will write a full article on the Schimel. There is also an American Luger lurking on the blog too... It's on Facebook but you do not need to be a member to view my blog. If you are a member you can leave comments or message me.

https://www.facebook.com/jimmiedeesa...81683288596212

https://www.facebook.com/jimmiedeesairguns