Thread: Old Pellet tins and boxes valuation please

Old Pellet tins and boxes valuation please

Can any members please assist me with a rough idea of the value of this small lot of vintage pellets?
    The BSA Pylarm tin only has a few pellets in it but the rest are either full or have reasonable amounts left.
    Thanks in advance.

Skipton on a farm on the moors with 100s of sheep
    On the bay i think they would make around £300 to £350
    "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, DO PENCILS MISSPELL WORDS ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun FX2000 View Post
    On the bay i think they would make around £300 to £350
    Indeed but in the real world of the BBS ??????

Agree around £300-350 if not a little more BBS value a tenner

Quote Originally Posted by loach369 View Post
    Can any members please assist me with a rough idea of the value of this small lot of vintage pellets?
    The BSA Pylarm tin only has a few pellets in it but the rest are either full or have reasonable amounts left.
    Thanks in advance.

The 1,000 pellet Pylarms tin is interesting, the others less so.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

edbear2 Guest
    Hi, Eblag prices seem very stong at the moment, they go up and down in waves as new collectors start looking, or unusual or rare items appear and bidding wars start. But condition is everything and can mean a 10-20 fold difference in price.

Really need to see the contents and better pics, especially of the Wasp tins to see if they have sealing tape.

IMHO...The Brococks can sell for high prices, but as they turn up so infrequently I really dont know

1000 Pylarm in that condition, with pellets maybe £15-25 as an example to get someone started as they are a fairly hard to find tin.

1930's Wasp .177, again a stained label, so similar to above.

1930's Wasp .22...Looks better, with pellets and sealing tape could go £20-£30+ or even up to £50 on the right day / bidding war.

Webley oblong, with pellets and coupon maybe £15-25, empty £8-12 or a tad more.

Both the target and Milbro are damaged / dirty so again a big hit but still £10-15 each

So I make that £75-120 ish not including the Brocock which could go mad or not, it's a funny place.

If selling on "There" maximize your chances, at least 5-10 good photos of each item, 10 day listing ending on a Sunday evening, Plus 99p start and take your chances as items dumped on there at top prices often sit unsold as buyers want the chance of a bargain.

ATB, ED

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi, Eblag prices seem very stong at the moment, they go up and down in waves as new collectors start looking, or unusual or rare items appear and bidding wars start. But condition is everything and can mean a 10-20 fold difference in price.

Really need to see the contents and better pics, especially of the Wasp tins to see if they have sealing tape.

IMHO...The Brococks can sell for high prices, but as they turn up so infrequently I really dont know

1000 Pylarm in that condition, with pellets maybe £15-25 as an example to get someone started as they are a fairly hard to find tin.

1930's Wasp .177, again a stained label, so similar to above.

1930's Wasp .22...Looks better, with pellets and sealing tape could go £20-£30+ or even up to £50 on the right day / bidding war.

Webley oblong, with pellets and coupon maybe £15-25, empty £8-12 or a tad more.

Both the target and Milbro are damaged / dirty so again a big hit but still £10-15 each

So I make that £75-120 ish not including the Brocock which could go mad or not, it's a funny place.

If selling on "There" maximize your chances, at least 5-10 good photos of each item, 10 day listing ending on a Sunday evening, Plus 99p start and take your chances as items dumped on there at top prices often sit unsold as buyers want the chance of a bargain.

ATB, ED

Hello Ed,

Great rationale and price breakdown which I would fully agree with from personal experience.

Regards

Brian

Thank you very much Ed for your comprehensive reply and to the other members.
    I'll take your advice Ed and list them on the bay with a 99p starting price and see what happens