Thread: hammerli 402 in to a webley sidelever stock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hammerli 402 in to a webley sidelever stock

hi I have noticed a lot of Webley sidelever stocks for sale and i was wondering if you could put a hammerli in to one the osprey is a copy like the sl jackal of the 400 mode has some had a go at it I would like to put my 402 in a walnut stock I was thinking about have one made if the was some one who could make one and if you have got a 400 in a custom stock if you could put a pic up please

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by the green man View Post
    hi I have noticed a lot of Webley sidelever stocks for sale and i was wondering if you could put a hammerli in to one the osprey is a copy like the sl jackal of the 400 mode has some had a go at it I would like to put my 402 in a walnut stock I was thinking about have one made if the was some one who could make one and if you have got a 400 in a custom stock if you could put a pic up please
    If you have a Hammerli 420 with the military stock I'd be interested in buying it or swapping. I think the long trigger unit would be a problem with fitting it into the Osprey stock - unless you meant the Supertarget?

I have only ever seen one picture of the 420 in a military stock, was it a copy of the Jackal? Is it any good, anyone have one?

no sorry has the wooden stock. hammerli made the barrels for the jackal a 402 in a better stock that would be good best tap rifle to me accurate and sweet to shoot

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    I have only ever seen one picture of the 420 in a military stock, was it a copy of the Jackal? Is it any good, anyone have one?
    No it was more swoopy and more graceful. I think it may predate the Parabellum and the AR7. The Jackal action was a heavy duty copy of the 400 series, not as accurate or as nice to shoot.

It does certainly look less clumsy than a Jackal. I wonder if it sold well in Europe (I am hoping that it did and somewhere out there they are cheap and plentiful!).

the is still plenty nocking about some stocks on protect for them most rifles sell for about £150 ish in near new nick as a kid I was a big fan of eddie barber who was a big fan of them along with the original 45 and bsa mercury they are my favourite spring guns of all time I have all 3 in .177 all are used regular just wished they had brought it out in a deluxe model