Thread: Questions about a couple of rifles?

Questions about a couple of rifles?

Hi Guys,

Looking back through a few old magazines that I found in a box-still unpacked after moving-I saw adverts that intrigued me and wondered if anyone had used these guns and what they were like.

The most important to me was a Gamo Hunter WT, this is I believe a 440 with a mock Walnut stock....foolishly I sold mine and would like to replace it. Did anyone else have this around 1998-2000? Was the realtree camo version the same?

Next up was an oddity that I have never seen a KLB3 sidelever from SMK-would it be worth hunting one of these down? It looks rather elegant and very different to my Osprey and Jackal!

Lastly I would have mud wrestled my grandmother to have experienced the bolt action Brocock rifle and its similar magazine fed sibling, Safari and Predator. I wonder if a CO2 version would ever be on the cards...also why is the Brocock charging system illegal please?

These rifles may not be automatically thought of as old style classics but I am sure they are out of production by around 15 years or more. I have contacted Gamo for some information on a number of occasions but they have never responded. In desperation I have resorted to buying old advertising leaflets and catalogues on but I do rather think that the power figures in these are exaggerated!

Any comments would be gratefully copied into my notes that I keep on all my rifles....yes I am that sad and please tell me that others out their catalogue their collections and make notes....

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    You'd find the Brocock and Saxby-Palmer rifles an awful faff and really quite disappointing to use, although nice to play with. The Brocock system could be converted to a crude type of live-ammo 'weapon', the revolvers are based on real Weihrauch firearms. A QB78 is more fun. The SMK sidelever is also rather crude and disappointing.

So you've missed nothing!

A Hammerli sidelever would be a nice addition to your collection or if you have the money, get a Feinwerkbau 300, thats a superb piece of engineering.

I own a gamo hunter 440 wt! Only seen one other for sale! And mine isn't ever for sale first air rifle I was given!
    gamo hunter 440 .22 smk b3 crosman 2260 and 2240

Thanks Hsing, in a way I am glad to have missed nothing but it still feels bad! I had no idea that Brocock got outlawed for being potential firearms I was out of the country and missed all that drama.

The sidelever looks good to me but I am not surprised that it may have underperformed.....I may start searching for a military style 402. Jackals are very nice but seem to have gotten expensive for what is after all a tap loader, although f a cheap Parabellum or AR7 came along I would snap it up.

Thanks for the information I will stop lusting after the Brococks now and my grandmother can stop her gym membership!

Kl3 b

Hi, I have a couple of KL3 Bs, (Fast Deer) the previous poster is correct in as much as they are a bit underwhelming, but they are also one of the most over engineered air rifles I've ever seen. Every thing is steel, no pressings, but machined from castings and solid. Crude and rough around the edges but made to last. One of mine has a really nice light trigger, the other is like trying to bend the trigger to fire it. (Not adjustable) both are fairly accurate. About 7.5ftlbs. You wouldn't want one as your main rifle but they do have a rustic charm!
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

I am envious Cooksey! The Walnut Gamo is certainly hard to find but I will keep looking. The sidelever K13B has now just made my list, I have never seen it advertised as a Fast Deer but the name alone makes it even more mysterious!

Circa 2000 was an interesting time?

Mine is in a used condition I want to get some open sights back on it but there expensive to buy!
    gamo hunter 440 .22 smk b3 crosman 2260 and 2240

Your right about Gamo spares Cookesy, maybe an ad in the wanted section would turn up something? A lot of Gamo stuff is interchangeable...