Thread: scope help needed - ive got a 3-9x50 scope PIC

scope help needed - ive got a 3-9x50 scope PIC

im confused how to go about seroing it and then aiming after that? its a tasco 3-9x50e scope which came with my cometa 300 .22 i bought for £70 posted. Ive only used a 4x32 scope before. It has an illuminated crosshair switch on top. It also has a zoom and the face as you look through it looks like this-

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47...scopesight.jpg

when loking through the scope, what are the other things for near the bottom of the view used for ? how do i go about zeroing it? Shall i zero it at 3x and what do i have to do when i aim at an object and zoom in?

Thanks

Danco
    Last edited by danco1987; 12-08-2005 at 10:15 PM.

Scarecrow Guest
    With a half decent scope, the POI should not change when you alter the zoom setting. On that basis, it shouldn't matter what zoom setting you use when zeroing; just use what you are comfortable with.

The markings at the bottom of the sight picture can be used for range finding, if you know the size of your quarry/target and how that relates to the different sized lines you can compare your target against. Not being familiar with your scope, it's difficult to be more specific.

heres a pic of the scope

thanks, i was told that the marks at the bottom of the view are for holdover at 20,30,40 yards.

If i will be shooting from say35-40yards max but also shooting at ranges of 15-20yards what distance shall i zero it at?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47...987/scope2.jpg

thanks

danny