Thread: Any "unusual" permissions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any "unusual" permissions?

I was talking to VERYBIGMIKE this afternoon about permissions when he mentioned he recently gained a new one - shooting Rabbits ....... at a Brewery (Only he could do that )

Usually everyone (myself included) started by approaching anyone who had an address with "... Farm" in the title.

It got me to thinking - does anyone else have a permission that initially you wouldn't expect to have a vermin problem?

many years ago i had a permission at a football stadium , shooting feral pigeons . Very comfortable shooting and very very productive

I did some rabbit control a while back at some nursing homes I shot them at one and used ferrets at another it got sold off and the new owners weren't bothered about the rabbits destroying the gardens I wasn't that fussed as it was over 200 mile round trip for me

I was asked last year if I would clear some rabbits at a cemetery as they were digging holes in some of the new graves but due to visitors in the day I would have to shoot at night with my night vision, but had to decline the offer as I was already too busy

Quote Originally Posted by emin-j View Post
    I was asked last year if I would clear some rabbits at a cemetery as they were digging holes in some of the new graves but due to visitors in the day I would have to shoot at night with my night vision, but had to decline the offer as I was already too busy
    Zombie patrol.

About 35 years ago - removing feral pigeon from a pub, they had a habit of dumping on the punters...

Oh yeah, to busy my arse, nowt to do with graveyards after dark then !...

Mind you I do have say there's something about using a headstone as a back stop that just somehow don't seem rite...
    Last edited by TORNADOS7; 02-07-2016 at 10:48 AM.

Feral shooting at a grey hound track, yes the pigeons were pooing on the punters.

I used to do a large one a few years ago. Quite challenging.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Quote Originally Posted by stillair1 View Post
    I used to do a large one a few years ago. Quite challenging.
    "I used to do a large one" I'll bet you did