Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is the best SSP 10M Match Rifle ?

Which is the best SSP 10M Match Rifle ?

Mmmmmm

Thumbs up The Best ssp

Hi i have a Feinwerkbau 603 L/H it does what it says on the tin....i have had it around 5/6 years and i cant shoot it any better than it can perform it has never let me down and i enjoy to shoot it...but then i might be biased

SSp Air rifles

Come on someone put their head on the block

10/10.

I have only had the one - a Walther LG90 - and it was superb

It was the best grouping rifle I have ever had shot : 0.050 - 0.058" groups at 10 m (with RWS R10 pellets) were the norm from rest.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

SSp Air rifles

Good call But?

Right, I'm going with a FWB603. I'm happy with the 600 and have stayed put, but I assume the 3 updates weren't for nothing...

FWB 600 series were fine rifles indeed
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

SSp Air rifles

Yes I have both and agree both seriously good ?

How long is a piece of string?

The best rifle is the one with which, on a given day, I can actually get a reasonable group. The FWB 600 has been the rifle that "fits" me most comfortably and seems to balance well, but the LG 90, after some work on trigger placement, is now shooting as well as the 600 for me. [I hate the "GT" stripes on the LG 90; they make a wonderful rifle with walnut stock look cheap, but if I took them off now there would likely be a lighter shade of "unbleached" timber underneath.] The 10M [spring] rifle that is most consistent for me [though not necessarily as accurate by a hairs breadth], is my HW 55M. For such an apparently simple and unsophisticated rifle, it is brilliant and the trigger, with its lighter spring is very nice!

Ultimately it depends, on any given day, how accurate I am. Yesterday, after three hours splitting fire wood, I could not hit the side of the proverbial barn and gave up and went inside to watch the replay of the Tour de France! Some English bloke won the stage????

Jim

Garibaldi, Victoria, Australia
    Last edited by NTSOG; 03-07-2016 at 10:38 PM.

Cool Ssp

Interesting.
    But I can tell you that a 4Foot piece of string is 4 Foot

Best SSP

Anshutz superair 2001 I quite like mine ☺️

Best SSp

Yes I have the 2001 and the 2002 both amazing
    But the Best?

I have been lucky enough to own good examples of most of the SSP 10M match rifles over the years and like the answer to "what is the best spring powered 10M match rifle" - it has to be the one than works the best for you as they are all more accurate than the person holding it !

Given the above I have to say my own preference is for the Walther SSP rifles such as the LG90.

For me they have the best balance and build quality and because they cost more when they were new there are a lot less of them about and it is nice to have something that is just a little bit different to all of the FWB 600 series that are very good ( I enjoy shooting mine) but are also very numerous.

The walnut stocks on the Walther LG90 are nicer than the plywood stocks on the FWB 600 series as well although I also have a dislike for the original "racing stripes" that come on this rifle and have peeled mine off leaving a really well engineered rifle with a superb stock that looks impressive but nicely under-stated.

I loved my Original and Diana Model 100 SSP rifles and wish I still had one now. Both the mk1 and the mk2 shot and handled superbly well but came with the uncertainty of knowing spare parts are almost exhausted. These rifles also featured really nice walnut stocks and were possibly the best SSP I have ever owned - BUT when considering every aspect of ownership I have to say that the Walther LG rifles are the safer bet and so for me remain my first choice.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Best SSp

Hi Bob Hope you are well,and I have been your awaiting 10 peneth worth
    Now we are moving into the big league
    Last edited by 10/10; 05-07-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Having owned and am still in possession of several 10m rifles not all SSP however [ ANS 2001; OR 60t; OR 65; OR75; HW55t; Walther LGV - 60's model; ANS 220 X2; 250X3; HAENEL 550-1; GAMO SSP TARGET; WALTHER LGR; FWB 150; FWB 300S; ANS 380; WALTHER CG90 converted to pcp. current collection from memory] plus I have owned FWB 600 x 2 but sadly don't have one now and also the love of my shooting life my now ex FWB 300S. I also owned a FWB 700, but people who now me will say the less said about that pairing the better. My best results were with the 300s, but I was much younger and shooting comps, 5 times a week, it did get me a national team record award however, but that is not an SSP. Then when I moved to the FWB600 it gave me wonderful results as well.
    I guess what I am trying to say is there isn't really a best one; all the SSP rifles I know of give results that 99.99% of owners can never match, but the gun has to suit the shooter, I know of the SSP guns I own, several feel more comfy than the others and so I shoot a little better with those. If I had to pick a winner I would have to say the FWB601, never owned one but it is the 600 with built in safety and I think the trigger is better than the 602 & 603. Now that has probably stirred up a hornets nest, but lets have more opinions, that's what the forum is for isn't it?
    ATVB to all
    abellringer