Thread: Umarex Colt SAA- pellet or BB?

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?

Umarex Colt SAA- pellet or BB?

Having got a Webley MK VI recently, and having been very impressed with it (it's the pellet version), I'm now looking at the SAA.

From members experiences, which is best, BB or Pellet?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

BB versions cheaper to buy and fuel.
    Higher fps.

Pellet versions more accurate but they seem to vary.
    My nickel one is spot on.
    Black one shoots to right.

Pellets easier to load without removing shells and can be used at Clubs.

I think I prefer the pellet Webley to the BB version.
    But I am happy with both versions of the Colt which lends itself more to can blasting than target work.

Thanks Mr Nut!
    Appreciate your reply.

HI Tony, I had both too, and both are great to be honest but sold I the bb version and kept the pellet version, the pellet version is slightly more powerful, when using 7.2 grain BB's the bb version was giving me on average 340fps but the pellet version using 7.2grain pellets give me an average or 380fps, not a lot of power difference but a bit, my pellet versions is also quite a bit more accurate, the bb version giving around 1" to 1.5" groupings at six yards and opens up more at longer range, 3" groupings at 10 yards, but my pellet version just punches out the bull around 1/3" groupings at six yards, 1" to 2" groupings at 10 yards..

I have done a few comparison videos, like the chrony and accuracy test, but have not uploaded them yet mate, I'm away until Sunday but when I am back I will start uploading the videos on Monday.
    If your planning on buying one before then though go for the pellet version I say..

Oh on another not while I am away I have been doing some airgun trick shots, been filming them so I'll post them up too once I'm back next week.

ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Thanks Marc!

I'd get the Pellet version, just better performing, My MkVI is a bb, still don't have Pellet available over here?
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

I have three BB Colt SAA's and one Webley MK V1 which is the pellet firing version.I prefer the BB firing Colts as I can punch holes in a steel tin can at six yards with them, whereas the pellets from the Webley only dent the can which to me is less satisfying.

Accuracy at close range between the BB Colts and the pellet Webley seem fairly similar.

I will be getting the BB Webley soon as that's what these Co2 guns are better suited to.The pellet firing versions always appear later and are pretty much a marketing afterthought IMO.

ATB.

Pellet

I prefer pellet seems more gun like lol

HI guys I have uploaded my bb vs pellet version peacemaker video on my YouTube channel but for people who are not subscribed I'll try posting it on the forum tomorrow night..
    ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..