Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anschutz 335

It was well worth it for the end result nice & neat.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    It was well worth it for the end result nice & neat.
    Yes it was Mick, thanks.
    There was an oversight and it was returned to have the screw hole (scope stop) filled.
    I used electrolysis to loosen up the oxide in the small pits and then some more polishing. It is not perfection and that is Ok because the rest of the air rifle isn't either.

Onto Wednesday, yesterday.
    Jeff had fitted the replacement recoil pad to the stock
    The receiver was blued with Phillips. Not the best outcome though, maybe because of the process?
    Any advice on that score from those who have used this product??

A good rub in with beeswax for protection and it is looking alright, it will do for now.
    The original spring(?) is slightly cobbled so we thought that we might try a replacement. A new Webley MK3 spring appeared to fit the bill.
    Specs of the original spring are 235 - 20.5 O.D- 14.5 I.D - 2.9 wire at full compression it measures 100mm @ 85kg
    The Webley wire gauge is 3.2(?) and under full compression measured 115 @ 85kg.
    The original spring was fitted, a smear of silicone grease on the seal and cocked. It showed enough space between the coils to allow for the extra 5mm of the Webley.
    Webley spring fitted and all is good so a test pellet into the inch pine board at a few inches.
    Well the result was a frightening surprise. The pellet appeared out the other side of the board!
    Over the chronograph the reading was 919fps Now that is a little too large a reading for comfort and longevity so the Webley spring was quickly removed.
    Time was running out by then.
    The original spring will be fitted and that will do me for the time. It will be put over the chrony when the neatsfoot oil arrives.
    I will post some images then and after I get to finishing the stock
    Last edited by slow_runner; 07-09-2016 at 11:49 PM.

check earlier post re 335 springs and transfer port sizes
    same problem with an airsporter spring from protek
    i took 3 coils of and collapsed the end it made 7.5 ftlbs then fitted 1cm spacer 14.2 halved that to 5mm and is now 10.8
    im waiting for a vortek seal coversion that will give me the choice of standard seal or plastic seal or o ring
    i'll post that when i get to it
    cheers ian

Smile Not a hot rod but a comfortable, reliable cruiser.

Hi Ian. Yes I have been reading your thread with interest.
    Late this afternoon I received a call from Jeff. He had gone ahead and fitted a new comparable spring that I had left there; I think it is a Meteor from a bunch of springs I bought off Richard way back.
    Compared to the readings with the original spring (mean 600fps), the readings with the replacement spring gave 674.1 - 655.5 - 634.1 - 646.5 - 655.2
    A change to a fresh breech seal saw 677.3 - 672.0 - 676.4 - 667.6 - 677.8
    5 pellets shot over the garage range of 7+(?) meters= 3 holes in the target
    These figures are using H&N Excite pellets. I am happy with those results; wouldn't anyone?