Thread: Anschultz F27a Benchrest BR50 information request

Anschultz F27a Benchrest BR50 information request

Hi

Has anybody some knowledge of the above mentioned Anschultz F27a Benchrest BR50 found on the Nordic Marksman web site (Canada)?

I'm a disabled shooter looking to upgrade my Anschultz 1907 and came across this biathlon type rifle fitted to a BR50 stock.

Torn between the new 53.30 fitted to the same BR50 stock - I just wanted to know if anyone had tried either of the combinations mentioned!

I look forward to hearing from any fellow benchrest shooters before spending too many pennies...
    Regards
    Lee.
    Last edited by Speedystcks; 07-07-2016 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Spelling & detail correction

I'm a prone shooter not BR, but I would lean towards the 54.30 if you want an Anschutz. The F27 bolt is a little faster, but it's much fiddlier, and AFIK confers no accuracy benefit.

Anschutz

Quote Originally Posted by Speedystcks View Post
    Hi

Has anybody some knowledge of the above mentioned Anschultz F27a Benchrest BR50 found on the Nordic Marksman web site (Canada)?

I'm a disabled shooter looking to upgrade my Anschultz 1907 and came across this biathlon type rifle fitted to a BR50 stock.

Torn between the new 53.30 fitted to the same BR50 stock - I just wanted to know if anyone had tried either of the combinations mentioned!

I look forward to hearing from any fellow benchrest shooters before spending too many pennies...
    Regards
    Lee.
    Hi Lee.
    If you are going for New Then the 54.30 is going to make a good action for you. I would maybe not go for the Anschutz BR50 stock.
    I would buy a barrelled action and then fit a Cicoganni benchrest stock.
    Why not look at a 20 series barrelled Action,as I have owned 2 of these and think they are as good as you can get for a Benchrest Rifle,
    Same advice buy the barrelled action and then get a Cicognanni stock. John F.