Thread: Izh 46

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Izh 46

I'm enquiring on behalf of a club member who has a poorly IZH 46, he has taken it to a local gunsmith who has prounounced that it needs a new sear, and there it has sat for many months while the smith claims he is waiting for spares from Europe.

Does any one know if there any one in the UK who has parts, and experience of repairing this pistol?
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Robin,

I got some (very rare !!) valve seals from York Guns (http://www.yorkguns.com/) for my Baikal MP-46M, telephone number : 01904 487180

I believe they may have some spares for the '46 - worth giving them a call (they seem to ignore emails )

'Sportsman Gun Centre' (http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk) are now the Baikal importer, who very helpfully do not have any spares for the '46 or any of the Baikal air rifle/pistol range

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Robin
    Ask poor old Roger at NCTC about Izzy spares - he's been waiting about 3 months for his gunsmith to get a seal kit from the states.
    Apparently he's got them now, but all that time just for seals - still it would appear the gunsmith he used in Wroxham (Popay?) would have a contact or failing that maybe trying to find/contact the Baikal factory direct might prove time well spent?

Harvey
    Its Roger who asked last night! I was busy and did not speak to him, but he asked Pam if I could help, so it does not look like he has the spares and is still waiting! He said it was a sear he was waiting for.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Mmmmm.... confusing!.. as I showed him this thread today and he never said anything
    I'll ask him Tuesday.

I presumed it was Roger, I was not actualy told his name, he only spoke to Pam, are we talking about the same guy, tall, thin, beard? Is waiting for parts from a Wroxham dealer for months?
    I would have suggested Dave Price, Wonky Donkey on here, who has done several repairs for me on obscure air guns.

Local engineering firm could probably reproduce?
    I started this life with nothing and I still have most of it left!