Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10m Air Pistol Scores

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

10m Air Pistol Scores

What is a good average score on the 10m target with a recoilless air-pistol? The sort of thing a good club shooter would be getting?

Out of 10 cards, scoring 2, im averaging 84
    https://goo.gl/photos/F5dQjZE6NPTdNwUw8
    This was my best 2 consecutive, shot side by side
    Donald

Thumbs up

Class B shooter would be averaging 88 to 90. A class 90+.
    Steyr LP10, AA S200 .177,
    Remmy Express .177, Sig Sauer P226- .177
    Crosman Rabbitstopper- .22, Chinese XS36-1- .22

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehoolio View Post
    Class B shooter would be averaging 88 to 90. A class 90+.
    What he said - even though the buggers at my club put me in division 1 even though I never average more than about 88 over 40/60 shots at best

I'm a frickin brilliant shot, but my last pistol match score was only 505 ex 600.

That's 84 (and a bit) per 10 shots.

Oddly, I shot exactly the same score in my last rifle comp.

Just goes to show that the score doesn't tell the whole story...

i must say that i am far from being a good shot i would say that i enjoy pistol shooting and to be honest i think i just make up the numbers in our b team and i am delighted to get all my shots in the black

so not knowing at what point you are in your pistol shooting it is a tricky question
    .177 STEYR HUNTING SCOUT SA FULL CARBON SHROUD BUSHNELL ELITE 4200

I only started pistol targets back in March/April when I got myself a FWB65 from on here and was surprised at how much I enjoyed the sport. Was practicing every night in my garage ( only at just under 5m but better than nothing ) going thru a tin of pellets a week for a month or so then life got in the way but made a lot of progress while doing so.

Just entered a postal comp with a few guys from my local rifle club and I'm in Div' 7 or 8 ( can't quite remember) with my average being 78. First round was bang on, second I shot 3 above and 3rd round I shot yesterday was 2 under. Pretty pleased with my consistency, especially as we only have an outdoor 10m pistol range.

My take on it is that as long as I'm enjoying it and still slowly improving I'm a happy bunny.
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

I've been shooting 10m pistol for about 10 months and average about 86 ex 100. I am definitely improving week on week.

Aiming at a scaled target on my office wall and dry firing for just 15 mins a night has made a difference to my performance at the club on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    I'm a frickin brilliant shot, but my last pistol match score was only 505 ex 600.

That's 84 (and a bit) per 10 shots.

Oddly, I shot exactly the same score in my last rifle comp.

Just goes to show that the score doesn't tell the whole story...
    A score average ex 600 is not necessarily the same as an average ex 100 or 200.
    I have an average of 90 to 91 ex 200, however if I shoot a 600 match I normally get 530 ish which equates to 88/89. This is due to the extreme concentration and a bit more physical exertion in a match rather than shooting a few cards at the club- I think!
    J
    Last edited by Jehoolio; 10-07-2016 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo
    Steyr LP10, AA S200 .177,
    Remmy Express .177, Sig Sauer P226- .177
    Crosman Rabbitstopper- .22, Chinese XS36-1- .22

In my opinion 80+ with a pistol is a good score, 85+ is a competitive score and outside the top shooters 90+ is a very good score. Pistol is much harder than rifle and 98+ is olympic level.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

During the three years I competed in 10m AP I trained more and more seriously, progressing from about 528/600 in a match when I started at the local club up to 553/600 by the time I stopped competing. Unfortunately nagging injuries due to the hard training forced me to stop at that level. First a rotator cuff tear while lifting weights, then a nasty case of 'tennis elbow.' I'd like to get back into it some day, as for me it was the closest to a meditation I've yet found. Very peaceful when I was properly focused. Concern about scores slip away when on my game, everything becoming more like a choreography. Satisfying. Nicer scores on those good days were a bonus and something of a surprise. Now I don't dare shoot pistol for more than half an hour, at least until I get my strength better than it was when I was shooting well. At 54 it's time to be a bit more careful, as injuries take longer to heal. As a craftsman I can't afford to harm myself like that. So I lift weights more carefully, run, climb a bit. Some day... I do miss shooting daily with my Pardini K12.

I'd say the average score with air pistol shooters in my region was around 87/100, for aamtch score of about 522. My ten shot scores ranged between 90 and 93 depending on the day, with the odd 96 cropping up, and twice making it to 97/100. We had two shooters who scored consistently above 565/600. One has since shot at a half dozen World Cup matches in Europe and Asia and recently shot at the Olympic preview match in Rio. He's slowly improving, averaging in the 572/600 range these days at age 40 or so. Another shooter from a nearby town who always competed at our local events has shot at the London Olympics and will be at the Games in Rio - her scores are getting close to the top ranks these days. But for most of us the Expert ranking is about as far up the scale we can climb...

Gerard.. why not try the rested pistol discipline thats just coming about... its gaining popularity in the uk and some of the bbs members have been trying it. Its huge in germany.
    I think it involes resting the unmodified base of the grip onto basically, a parrot perch!
    Skill is still required but it takes the strain out of the equation.
    Donald

I can imagine how skill is still required... sounds rather an awkward balancing act. Not sure I'd be keen on that style of pistol shooting. It always seems to me, even with failing eyesight, that pistol shooting means open sights and an extended single shooting arm. I shoot my several Webley pistols that way and really enjoy those, especially the challenge of grouping halfway decently with such finicky spring-piston airguns. Haven't heard of anyone in Canada doing such rested pistol shooting.

To keep my hand in with airgunning while I rebuild arm/shoulder strength, I've been shooting HFT. Just recently finished work on a regulated bottle-fed QB78D which is proving remarkably accurate, a significant step up from the Crosman 2260 I'd been using, as the QB seems happy to print small groups unrested at over 60 metres. Scoped rifle is a long way from Olympic style air pistol, but it's shooting and with a fun bunch of guys, and it's something my son enjoys as well. Can't get him interested in pistol so far.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Thanks, lots of interesting replies. So anything upwards of 85 is 'good' or at least respectable. That is something to aim for, pardon the pun.

Donald