Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .224 hornady 53gn V Max

I've got a box of 250 but a long way away from you.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    I've got a box of 250 but a long way away from you.
    lol.....always the way eh, even if I was bonkers enough to drive all the way up there, unfortunately my ticket runs out in a hours time.

how fast can carrier pigeons fly?? boo hiss.
    Without curiosity, evolution would have been greatly flawed.....

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    no I have not...but with a lower BC than the blitzkings I'm already using it kinda defeats the object

the 55gr blitzkings are .270 but I just wanted to try the 53gr v max at .290 (allegedly)

but all this is immaterial as my ticket runs out in the matter of hours and cant get any till it is renewed, which is a long way off apparently!! oh well
    At least, if you have good supplies of blitzkings, you will be able to keep reloading until you get your certificate renewed. If not, then there is one other point in favour of the 52 gr A-Max, even though it's quoted .247 BC is on paper not quite as good as the 53gr V-Max. You can buy A-Max without having to show your firearms certificate as Hornady haven't described it at expanding, even though the tips look about identical.