Thread: Lea Valley v Cambridge 23rd and 24th July

Lea Valley v Cambridge 23rd and 24th July

Lea Valley v Cambridge
    Interclub Extreme Rifle Competition

This competition is being run alongside each clubs usual club competitions. You do not have to be a member of either club to take part and all are welcome.

Date - 23rd July @ LV and 24th July @ Cambridge

Rules

Lea Valley Supported Rifle (Summary)
    · 8 to 65 yards
    · 10mm to 45mm Kill Sizes (don’t expect any 45mm though)
    · Rifle can be supported forward of the pistol Grip only (bipods etc allowed)
    · Shooter must be within touching distance of the peg but does not have to touch peg.
    · 3 points for Black targets (very hard)
    · 2 points for White targets (Hard)
    · 1 point for a plate on any colour (Please note that some targets may have no plate just a kill zone)

Cambridge Rules HFT (Summary)
    · 8 to 50 Yards. Plus one very long one.
    · 8mm to 45mm kill sizes (don’t expect any 45mm though)
    · UKHFT Positional Rules
    · 2 points for a kill
    · 1 Point for a plate
    · Obstructions allowed (Branches, Bricks etc)

Please see clubs individual web sites for full list of rules.

Top 5 scores from each club on each day qualify.

Qualifying shooter must be a fully paid up member of corresponding club on the day of the shoot.
    Last edited by Burly; 16-07-2016 at 06:36 PM.

that was useful, i always thought Camebrige went to 50 yds plus one long one, that may be why i struggle at some of the, or may be its no sleep and no skill. But then I dont need it with Burty on the team, we stand no chance anyway.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex&Amy View Post
    that was useful, i always thought Camebrige went to 50 yds plus one long one, that may be why i struggle at some of the, or may be its no sleep and no skill. But then I dont need it with Burty on the team, we stand no chance anyway.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Every one appreciates a long one! .
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Cambridge is 8 to 50yds plus a longun
    HW100 .177 Panorama Theoben Panorama
    HW100 .22 Panorama HW97 Nikon

i thought it appropriate to mention the thinking behind the trophy for this comp.

Chris Lowe was a very successful FT shooter who has sadly passed away. His widow didn't know what to do with all his trophies so she took them to Springfield where Chris shot, I see that one of them was totally broken and covered in rust and had no base. This seemed such a shame, so i thought it would be nice for his widow to see one of his prizes brought back to life. I made a new base and polished it up, repaired the damage and gave it some nice club badges.

This is like a memorial to one of our shooting fraternity to help ease his passing with his poor widow, I hope that makes the same sense to others and it was not a money saving exercise. it is supposed to be a nice thoughtful gesture because that's how I have found the shooting fraternity. lots of lovely caring people who share the same interests as that's how it seems that we roll.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Very nice gesture Rexy, and a touching story. It seems that this trophy will have a value far above any prize.

Well said, and well done, Rex - I'm sure that the shoot will be a huge success.