Thread: Cleaning CO2 pistols query

Cleaning CO2 pistols query

Another question to anyone in the know...

Whilst I'm quite well read on cleaning CO2 pistols I have yet to find anything about cleaning the magazines or shell cases for CO2 pistols.

Would I be correct in thinking these need cleaning just like the barrel does?
    As the pellet travels the (short) length of magazine, or shell casing, as well as the barrel I presume the lead deposits collect to a lesser degree just the same?

Cheers
    The older I get, the more I know, the less makes sense!
    [BASC Member] Colt Government 1911 A1; Webley MK VI; Walther CP88; Beretta M92FS; Colt Peacemaker SAA; Gat; Webley Eclipse MK2 Carbine; Gamo Maxxim Elite.

No harm in cleaning them mate, if your cleaning the cartridges on say and peacemaker or Dan Wesson or webley MKVI or python etc you can either just use a cotton bud, or a push through cleaning rod or my favorite and pull through rod/string with a cleaning patch on the end, if your using a cleaning patch it will clean the hollow cartridges out well enough on there own without using an oil..

If your wanting to clean a bb channel on a magazine remove the bb spring follower and wipe the channel down with a clean patch or tissue paper or cloth, don't use an oil, you do not want your BB's getting oil on them.

Get some Bisley cleaning patches they will do a good job.
    ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    No harm in cleaning them mate, if your cleaning the cartridges on say and peacemaker or Dan Wesson or webley MKVI or python etc you can either just use a cotton bud, or a push through cleaning rod or my favorite and pull through rod/string with a cleaning patch on the end, if your using a cleaning patch it will clean the hollow cartridges out well enough on there own without using an oil..

If your wanting to clean a bb channel on a magazine remove the bb spring follower and wipe the channel down with a clean patch or tissue paper or cloth, don't use an oil, you do not want your BB's getting oil on them.

Get some Bisley cleaning patches they will do a good job.
    ATB Marc
    Cheers Marc.RG1

I only have rifled barrelled pellet firers; I'm not a BB fan. I will have to see how cleaning the Webley MK VI (pellet) shells goes. I'm a bit wary of damaging the little inserts in them as I don't see them for sale if they need replacement.
    The Colt uses the 8 round magazines which will be easy enough to do I think.
    The older I get, the more I know, the less makes sense!
    [BASC Member] Colt Government 1911 A1; Webley MK VI; Walther CP88; Beretta M92FS; Colt Peacemaker SAA; Gat; Webley Eclipse MK2 Carbine; Gamo Maxxim Elite.