Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT - Round 7

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Sussex Interclub HFT - Round 7

Hi All

Round 7 of the 2016 Sussex Interclub HFT series will be hosted by SWALLOWS FTC on Sunday 24th July. NOTE THAT THIS IS A CHANGE TO THE ORGINAL CALENDAR. You can always find the latest version of the calendar HERE - now up to edition 145 (really!!)

The competition is open to all safe shooters with sub 12ft/lb air rifles.

Gates will open at 8.00am with booking in commencing at 9.00am.

The shoot will start at 10.00am after a safety briefing scheduled for around 9.50am. You must be at the safety briefing if you intend to shoot.

Please remember: if you want to shoot with a specific person, please don't leave booking-in to the last minute as you may be disappointed!

Cost £7.00
    Juniors (under 17) £6.00

Visitors (not members of the regular competing clubs) are welcome, but you must drop me an email to confirm before you turn up ... see detail in my BBS profile

The course will be set to current 2016 UKAHFT rules. Hopefully, the weather will be kind.

Most of you will have been to Swallows FTC before, but anyone new can find full detail of our location on our web site HERE Nearest postcode is BN7 3NF. Parking will be in our usual field - facing East and suitably CLOSE to you neighbour, please.

Tea and coffee will be available and catering will be provided care of Wurz and his beautiful assistant !

All the very best and we're looking forward to seeing you all there,

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 18-07-2016 at 09:26 PM.
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Seems like ages since i last shot!...

Can't wait, hope we are shooting across water again!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    have you ever ?
    M.A.D for it.
    Team England 2019

Can't wait, hope we are shooting across water again!
    yeah, right...cos I always do so well at that
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    have you ever ?
    shurrup and pull up ya hose!

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    yeah, right...cos I always do so well at that
    You might redeem yourself.. wotever that means....
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Shorts or troos?
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Stingers or no??

Course is set, should be a good 'un!!
    Air Arms HFT Team 2013/2014

Am so looking forward to tomorrow - love shooting at Swallows FTC, and the SIHFT Series is the best way to spend the summer

Quote Originally Posted by fastnick View Post
    ..... the best way to spend the summer
    Really?

Less sure after spending 14 hours of the past two days 'toiling' in some of this Summer's hottest sun.

Yesterday it was a case of 2 men went to mow, went to mow a meadow. Big thanks to Vince for most of the hard work (though still reckon I can cut straighter lines ) and through him to his mate who loaned us, free of charge, a mower capable of hacking its way through 18 inches of thick grass and weeds and to another Vince mate (Bob) who took time out of his day to cart the mower on his trailer to and from the club.

And today, another 9 hours in the sun (please keep jokes about my rosy cheeks quietish), designing and laying out the course. Thanks to all helpers - Vince (again), plus Colin, Pete, Carla, Chris and Alasdair who agreed to be my target which I then threw 2oz leads at across the lake in order to pull strings out.

See you all in the morning - assuming I wake up.

Early arrivers will be roped in to help set out the plinking area and to see who can remember how to erect our marquee. If I've finished all my pre-shoot duties, I may just sit and watch the latter - always fun

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 23-07-2016 at 06:42 PM. Reason: forgot Colin - how could I !!! Sorry Colin
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Are we shooting in nettles Biggs or are shorts appropriate for us 'Non mat' users!?
    Well done as well, never too much fun short handed!

Are we shooting in nettles Biggs or are shorts appropriate for us 'Non mat' users!?
    For those with the skin of a Rhino, shorts will be fine.

Those who have climbed the evolutionary scale and feel closer to homo sapien would be well advised to wear lower leg cover.

Not quite sure where that leaves Spongey

We won't be there early enough to assist with setting up the plink, but we'll gladly help muck in with packing everything away at the end of the shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    and to see who can remember how to erect our marquee.

Biggles
    As far as epic events go, this rates right up there with parking at Ford.

Looking forward to tomorrow

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by fastnick View Post
    We won't be there early enough to assist with setting up the plink, but we'll gladly help muck in with packing everything away at the end of the shoot.
    Thank you. Much appreciated.

Biggles