Quote Originally Posted by clubshot

What really get's me is Shooters that spend Hours in a Shop

looking at possible outfit's

To go away and buy via Mail Order

Then have check to walk into the shop and ask the Dealer to set up the outfit for them

Which they most probably would have done if they had purchased it from them

Service costs money

But as many are finding out the hard way when buying a Gun
that they often go wrong and need to be returned to supplying dealer
And carriage for Gun's is getting very expensive these days and can easerly wipe out any earlier savings.

BOB/R
So thats why you do stuff on mail order then BOB

Personally, I agree with that sentiment. I do support my local shop, and would not buy a rifle or large item anywhere else.

Sometimes, they cannot get items in on an individual basis, as they cant compete with the buying power of the bigger mail order companies...all of whom have been helpfull and have given away usefull bits of info...no cup of tea granted, and no little favours.

The problem seems to be that, with this huge differential between overheads, even when shop owners should tell people to sod off, they still see it as a potential loss of a customer, so help anyway. I have seen it many times in my local. The owner is obviously loath to help, but thinks that to do so is the responsible thing...A good bloke.

The way things are going, and licensing comes in, a trip to your local shop may well mean you have to visit them, like it or not...think about it

Cant see what all this has to do with buying on finance though