Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what pistol next

what pistol next

ok guys its a umarex desert eagle or a sig sauer p226
    its for fast fire fun on skittles ect , so it must be loud and a bit hooligan for that extra grin factor
    what one will be more robust and reliable?
    before any one asks my main pistol is a umarex beretta 92fs with rail reflex sight and muzzle brake big big grins
    darren

Quote Originally Posted by dazz34 View Post
    its for fast fire fun on skittles ect , so it must be loud and a bit hooligan for that extra grin factor
    before any one asks my main pistol is a umarex beretta 92fs with rail reflex sight and muzzle brake big big grins
    darren
    Forget those and get a Crosman 600.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Forget those and get a Crosman 600.

Baz
    thanks for the reply baz any idea were I can buy one of them crosman 600 new as they stopped making them 40 years ago

thanks for the reply baz any idea were I can buy one of them crosman 600 new as they stopped making them 40 years ago
    You obviously do not check the usual sites for gun sales, there have been quite a lot for sale recently, about 10 I have seen in the last 2-3 months. G/star most been available, plus UBC and also on this site. There are a lot in circulation and some guys on here have quite a few in their collections. Sending you PM to contact someone who has a few for sale.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 22-07-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

My thoughts on the Desert eagle, it's an awful plastic mockery of a classic (though now a little passe) pistol design.

The Sig P226 is a similar gun and feels very shoddy in the hand and sounds like you are shaking a rattle can when you shoot it. Many people speak of its quality but to me it feels very cheap and they are not very pleasant to shoot.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

thanks for the info guys it looks like I now have some thinking to do drop £200/300 on a classic pistol or put up with a pistol that sounds like a bag of spanners being dropped every time I fire it
    any other pistols that may fit the bill ? is the umarex smith & Wesson 586/686 a fast shooter as I'm looking for speed and knock down ,so NO bb's guns any ideas guys?

thanks for the info guys it looks like I now have some thinking to do drop £200/300 on a classic pistol or put up with a pistol that sounds like a bag of spanners being dropped every time I fire it
    any other pistols that may fit the bill ? is the umarex smith & Wesson 586/686 a fast shooter as I'm looking for speed and knock down ,so NO bb's guns any ideas guys?
    If you are after speed then BB guns will win everytime. Not so much for knock down but pistol power is such a narrow range that it's not something worth worrying about. The Smith is well regarded but not a gun I'm a fan off, it is very toy like with it's moulded controls and cylinder.

But the 600 will fill both requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    My thoughts on the Desert eagle, it's an awful plastic mockery of a classic (though now a little passe) pistol design.

The Sig P226 is a similar gun and feels very shoddy in the hand and sounds like you are shaking a rattle can when you shoot it. Many people speak of its quality but to me it feels very cheap and they are not very pleasant to shoot.
    I could not agree more with this..

Yeah the 586/586 would definitely do the job you want it to, it will give you 10 fast shots and accurate and powerful shots too, and they are built like tanks and will last many years..
    I'm not a huge fan of them as blooregard said the moulded cylinder really puts me off but they are still good guns for what they are they are just not close replicas,, BUT I would choose that over the desert eagle and the rubbish sig 226 pellet fire, and in my opinion over the fugly crosman 600 too lol..

If your willing to spend 300 then have a look at the umarex Walther lever action the 88g version, it's far growing to be my most favorite airgun and meets all my needs to be honest.. Look at my YouTube channel at my most recent videos, your see the walther lever action doing fast action plinking and some trick shot videos too..

I also shoot RS lever action rifles and I can say I get just as much fun out of the umarex Walther lever action as I do the RS versions, I know it's not a pistol But trust me it's well worth looking at..

ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

darren
    The Desert Eagle fits Your description to a 'Tee'
    It may be plastic, but it will take more punishment without wear than any 'pot metal' gun,
    and it may be getting a little long in the tooth, and a little gas hungry?
    But, as a big, hefty blowback shooter, with range, accuracy, and quite a bang,
    I don't know of it's equal?
    The 586-6 is up there with the DE as real shooting experience, any serious C02
    shooter should have both!
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    The Desert Eagle fits Your description to a 'Tee'
    It may be plastic, but it will take more punishment without wear than any 'pot metal' gun,
    and it may be getting a little long in the tooth, and a little gas hungry?
    But, as a big, hefty blowback shooter, with range, accuracy, and quite a bang,
    I don't know of it's equal?
    The 586-6 is up there with the DE as real shooting experience, any serious C02
    shooter should have both!
    The trigger on the desert eagle is an absolute travesty, squishy, confusing, unintuitive. As for taking punishment, the slide is very very flimsy and the plastic marks easily, you will have the typical Umarex problem of the magazine pawl wearing down. It is gas hungry but that certainly isn't coming from the blowback which is barely noticable.

Again the 586 is well regarded but is a poor replica and a not fantastic airgun. Like most of the Umarex offerings it doesn't really know what it is, is it trying to be a quality airgun or is it trying to be a replica. The revolvers dressed as autos are bad enough, but what on earth possessed them to then decide on making a revolver replica and giving it a moulded cylinder!?!?!?!?. A missed opportunity there.

I have 6 Umarex S&W at the moment.
    I have bought and sold many more.
    None of them new.

They seem to me to be one of the most reliable and accurate co2 pistols.
    Pretty well built and I can live with cylinder thing.

Also good value second hand.

I was matching some pretty expensive target pistols on a 10yd spinning wheel target last week using one with a four inch barrel.

And the 8inch barrel impresses onlookers and boosts the power a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    The trigger on the desert eagle is an absolute travesty, squishy, confusing, unintuitive. As for taking punishment, the slide is very very flimsy and the plastic marks easily, you will have the typical Umarex problem of the magazine pawl wearing down. It is gas hungry but that certainly isn't coming from the blowback which is barely noticable.
    Again the 586 is well regarded but is a poor replica and a not fantastic airgun. Like most of the Umarex offerings it doesn't really know what it is, is it trying to be a quality airgun or is it trying to be a replica. The revolvers dressed as autos are bad enough, but what on earth possessed them to then decide on making a revolver replica and giving it a moulded cylinder!?!?!?!?. A missed opportunity there.
    Differs entirely from my experience- the trigger on mine is fine, the slide is robust enough, the pawl is fine after about 4 years of use and the blowback is certainly more "noticeable" than any other blowback I have tried.
    I'll just leave this here without further comment as I think we may have been round this particular buoy before

But...if the OP wants something for fast fun shooting, a Crosman 600 is "The Daddy". Mine takes 11 (count that!) Accupel at a time and without issue. Even better, you are using 14 grain .22 pellets. Best fun out

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post

But...if the OP wants something for fast fun shooting, a Crosman 600 is "The Daddy". Mine takes 11 (count that!) Accupel at a time and without issue. Even better, you are using 14 grain .22 pellets. Best fun out

And although its more to lay out now, in a years time it'll still be worth the same if looked after.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    And although its more to lay out now, in a years time it'll still be worth the same if looked after.
    Indeed I wouldn't be without mine!

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Differs entirely from my experience- the trigger on mine is fine, the slide is robust enough, the pawl is fine after about 4 years of use and the blowback is certainly more "noticeable" than any other blowback I have tried.
    I'll just leave this here without further comment as I think we may have been round this particular buoy before
    We probably have dude, fine is not a word I would use to describe that trigger though and this is my biggest problem with the Deagle.