All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Wow, nice price
    Not to mention monster scope !

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Who's going to pay that for a Hawke?

Quote Originally Posted by peterd8877 View Post
    Who's going to pay that for a Hawke?
    Why not? They are not the cheapo brand they once were. They make some really good glass! The Hawke Frontier is one of the best scopes I've ever used, let alone the sidewinder range.

At that price it's pitched right at the Nikko Diamond, and to compete it will have to have the brightness, clarity and range finding shallow focus of the Diamond!

The Falcon T50 is substantially cheaper as has a proven if a little variable capability, but then again so do Diamonds.

So until these have been field tested by competitors I would steer well clear until we know if they are a Schmitt and Bender FT style cockup, or a Cut price March or Sightron competitor like the Diamond!

Yep they will need to snap in really well for ranging, also the turret tracking will have to be 100% accurate and reliable for dialing the shots in over the years.

Not knocking this hawke at all as I have a few myself but just want to say that I have a old nikko diamond that I use for hunting and the side focus is within 2-3 yards accurate when I walk it up to 24mag dial in until crisp the look on the side and it tells me bang on what range it is. I then put it back onto my 6mag set-up and shoot the target. It's never let me down once, and i kid you not, you can feel and hear tiny little clicks in the side wheel as your turning ( you csn really feel the quality) these are now hard to find but have been told they still go for £350+ second hand and this particular model is a fair few years old now.

Don't know how the newer diamonds fair up to my older one but I know one thing, it's the best scope I think I will ever own and the last thing I woukd ever sell.

Atb
    Daniel

had a couple of nikko diamonds and really liked them. I dont think Hawke would have gone into the FT arena half cocked. I would think this would be a good scope. My fav scope I own is a swarovski Z5i so my thought on quality of the nikko is jaded. Nothing is really like a good swarovski.

I can safely say I coukd never part with the money but woukd love to see through one nice one mate

Hawke have come a long way and I have just bought a little 3-7x32 ao and must say for a little scope under £100 it is very good clarity and let's allot of light in.

I'm not a snob and often prefere battered rifles for the way they perform rather than looks as I have those sort of rifles also but just love things that work well and if they don't cost the earth than its even better, but the price is very high for a hawke so you woukd hope that they are on par with the other top scopes as that's the kind of price bracket they have put it in.

Good luck to who ever can pay that wad of money

Atb
    Daniel

Yes, I do get their emails and this one should be right up the alley of the FT guys. All that magnification and ED glass. The price is not bad TBH considering it has ED elements.

A.G

Over 2lb in weight, seems heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    Over 2lb in weight, seems heavy?
    Pretty much all these types of scopes are around that weight.

It will need to be a leap in quality (both build and optically) from your normal Hawke foray into bigger mag scopes.

The price new is close to the SH price for the Big Sightron and i know which one i would go for if i wanted a £800 quid FT scope. The proof of the pudding will be in a year or so when some have been bought and used on the FT circuit for a season.

Edit- just wanted to add that i cuurently own a FT Sightron and have owned Nightforce, Nikko, Leup and others over the past 20 years.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    It will need to be a leap in quality (both build and optically) from your normal Hawke foray into bigger mag scopes.

The price new is close to the SH price for the Big Sightron and i know which one i would go for if i wanted a £800 quid FT scope. The proof of the pudding will be in a year or so when some have been bought and used on the FT circuit for a season.

Edit- just wanted to add that i cuurently own a FT Sightron and have owned Nightforce, Nikko, Leup and others over the past 20 years.
    Have you tried one of the frontier scopes? I have recently changed my airgun scopes to them and they are superb! japanese glass and very very well made.