Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For all you paper punchers

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyg View Post
    Have you tried one of the frontier scopes? I have recently changed my airgun scopes to them and they are superb! japanese glass and very very well made.
    I did have a look through all the newer Hawke scopes at the shooting show (Mids and Harrogate) but still didn't rate the optics. I have to admit that the limited testing won't give a true indication, a scope needs to be rifle mounted and used in dark/light conditions before an accurate comparison can be made.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I did have a look through all the newer Hawke scopes at the shooting show (Mids and Harrogate) but still didn't rate the optics. I have to admit that the limited testing won't give a true indication, a scope needs to be rifle mounted and used in dark/light conditions before an accurate comparison can be made.
    the difference between the frontier and the sidewinders is night and day..Not quite swarovski but very good glass indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyg View Post
    the difference between the frontier and the sidewinders is night and day..Not quite swarovski but very good glass indeed.
    Maybe that was the problem...

I went from the Swaro display to the Hawke
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Maybe that was the problem...

I went from the Swaro display to the Hawke
    oh thats never a good thing to do! If I spend a day out with my ruger with the Swaro then take an airgun out the next..I end up spending money through dissapointment.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    FT shooters don't punch paper...they shoot things and make them go ding...

Why not?

I've not seen one of these but I have both hawke and nikko scopes at low and mid-range.
    Not gone as high as the diamond range, but I have a £35 mountmaster and a £300 targetmaster.

Likewise also a hawke 2-7x32 sport hd and an 8-32x50 airmax.

If you look at the Nikko range, one end of the scale is less than £30. The other is £850.

Why shouldn't hawke be able to do the same thing if they manufacture them accordingly?

They might turn out to be pants. On the other hand they might be excellent.

If they're trying to punt a scope out for the thick end of a grand, they need to have got the quality to be what you expect for that sort of money. They'll know that just as well as we do
    Last edited by Taz72; 27-07-2016 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    FT shooters don't punch paper...they shoot things and make them go ding...
    metal dingers just didnt have the same ring to it (pun intended)