Thread: Interesting Bsa / Lincoln Jefferies / Lee Enfield / Meford Type Conversion

Interesting Bsa / Lincoln Jefferies / Lee Enfield / Meford Type Conversion

Look at this - what a fine conversion and interesting rifle. Did see a similar one sell about ten years ago. Wonder if somebody on here bought it ?

http://www.grahamcurriemilitaria.co....vintage-rifles
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Hi Silva,

Graham has had this rifle for at least a year and won't budge on price. Take a look at the tap - home brew or what? Apparently the rifle does not shoot to point of aim either.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Silva,

Graham has had this rifle for at least a year and won't budge on price. Take a look at the tap - home brew or what? Apparently the rifle does not shoot to point of aim either.

John
    Hi John,

Hows it going. Ha, I assumed the tap was an engineers solution, as well as the later rear sight. Could be perhaps sorted though depending on the tolerances of a replacement. Wonder why it doesn't shoot to point of aim ? perhaps its down to tap misalignment or mismatched sights. Have you handled this one in person and how much was the price ?

Do you remember the (I think Westley Richards) one that sold about ten years ago ?

Atb
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Hi Silva,

All good here and hope it is with you too. I think the price was around £695 going by memory and although I didn't handle it myself, Graham did patiently and honestly answer many of my questions. I liked the idea of of a working bolt but thought the asking price was too high in view of the tap and out of line sights.

Yes I remember the WR Combination - someone certainly had a bargain there and if they are reading this, I would love to learn more about the rifle as well as see some high res images. If original, it is a piece of history that ought to be documented properly and I would love to do the documenting!

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.