Thread: Walther Century

Walther Century

Has anyone had experience of these rifles. I looked at one in .22 today. Bundled with a 6x40 scope at £275.
    It looked and felt like good quality for the price. I'd appreciate anyone's experiences.

Chris

I have looked at these several times and shot a couple at the range. Sadly I have two hw80s and due to a few purchases of other airguns over the last year I cannot yet justify one. However should I need to replace an 80, it will definitely be with one of these. Quality build ,Walther barrelled, very nice piece of kit.

I Owned one for a year, but in .177. Excellent quality, well made internally no hw twang, no aftermarket bits to buy to make it good. Like the barrel lock up, didn't like the weight or length of 1st stage travel ( too long). 30mm cylinder so very hw80 shot cycle. If you sold the scope you would be looking at a near new 80 for similar money. Ive kept my mk1 80 and sold my century recently!!! So if you like to tinker go for an 80 and if not go for a new century, you will be pleased. Oh forgot watch out for badly chopped springs!

Thanks chaps. I'm swinging more towards it now. I'm not really a fiddler but would be able enough to check the spring and finish if necessary.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Thanks chaps. I'm swinging more towards it now. I'm not really a fiddler but would be able enough to check the spring and finish if necessary.

Chris
    Seriously Chris they are an excellent gun, guy I sold mine to at my club is very pleased. Do check the spring straight away as it does a lot of damage either on the TP or the guide washer very quickly as I found out! Bad QC when rest of gun is so good. Dead easy to strip down, pm me if you want advice. There is a way to shorten 1st stage but once you get used to it it's fine.

Thanks for that Peddy. Good to know.

Chris