Thread: Anyone got the BSA R10 SE who has owned the R10 Mk 2?

Anyone got the BSA R10 SE who has owned the R10 Mk 2?

Any noticeable improvement?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Any noticeable improvement?
    Some might say that anything is an improvement over the R10 MKii but I really like mine. Nothing to complain about really. Apparently the new one supposed to be more efficient in its use of air.

A.G

JB told me that he has Blueprint Tuned several new R10SE. The differences between it and the MK2 are minimal, apart from the price. BSA hype again. The buttplate is different. The shroud is still only cosmetic but is a crackle finish and held on to the barrel by 3 grubscrews leaving 3 marks instead of 2 if you want to use it with a better silencer such as a HW one. The silencer is also crackle finish and noisier than the old type. The rest, including the regulator is no different Countryways are selling MK2s at about £500 if you want to buy new but its best IMHO to buy secondhand at a good price and get it sorted by a reputable outfit that knows what its doing.

The mkII se is an improvement over the old mkII in that the bolt is a smoother action and the trigger on the few that i have tried seems a little improved over the older model. The shroud system to change from shrouded to unshrouded is simple and cleverly designed. The se is definitely quieter than the older versions. The shot count has increased a little from the old version but then again i have never shot 230 rabbits in one go. 83 was the most so not really bothered about the increased shot count. So in all they have made minor tweaks over the older model and it is a bit nicer to shoot. More or less the same price bracket and you get the extra magazine for you money. All in all a subtle change to the older model but in my opinion has made it a bit nicer to own than say an older model if i had the choice of the two to own from new.