Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
I don't make excuses but I do understand when limited intelligence is at work. If you feel so strongly why don't you take these issues up with trading standards instead of mouthing off on here. Silly isn't it that you want to berate when the law is there to protect the consumer but you are so thick that it didn't occur to you to make your position clear which would open up a case against the manufacturer. Rather like imbeciles you choose to tamper yourself and then slag off the company. Pretty pathetic form and cancels any hope of warranty work. I am amazed that you found the strength to climb out of the reject bucket yourselves.
What a pathetic post Rob. I feel sorry for you if you really think like that.
The whole point of a forum is to air opinions and experiences pertinent to the subject of that forum.
Your arguments have been shot down in flames all the way through this thread and so you've decided to insult the people who disagree with you. It's a bit silly to accuse us of a lack of intelligence given the content of some of your posts.
As Ricky said, I'm happy that you have been pleased with Daystate products but we, and many others I'm aware of, have not been. I for one have contacted Daystate on several occasions but have not had the problems resolved.
Again, I advise you to look up the definition of 'Forum' before you repeat your accusations.

Chris