Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New daystate on the 30th July!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Of course they can Rob but that doesn't stop us from identifying a certain demographic for the brand.

Chris
    So because I like Daystate I am somehow socially or morally inferior to you?

inverted snobbery

the attitude of seeming to despise anything associated with wealth or social status, while at the same time elevating those things associated with lack of wealth and social position.

Sometimes I think the airgun fraternity is its own worst enemy, rubbishing anything that doesn't match their own current attitude on whats, good, bad, cool or not. whether its a PCP or Springer.

Opinions are great that are objective and not based on prejudice. Don't own a daystate at the mo but all the best to them and their fans.

Who else does it to the extent that Daystate does it Rob?

Chris
    Impact, BSA, Weirhauch, Air Arms to name a few. They are all producing bling versions of the normal models.
    Of course they can Rob but that doesn't stop us from identifying a certain demographic for the brand.

Chris
    The demographic covers all brands. A certain type of people will buy shiny things but others are attracted to drab. practical items.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    So because I like Daystate I am somehow socially or morally inferior to you?
    Nothing to do with social standing or morals Gary.
    It's the susceptibility to being sucked in by the marketing and the belief that if something is expensive and blingy it must be good.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post

The demographic covers all brands. A certain type of people will buy shiny things but others are attracted to drab. practical items.
    Exactly, so we agree.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyg View Post
    "Nine carat gold and either ticks or stripes on their 'sportswear'." - Pretty much describing them though.. I'd be interested in how you meant it as I don't see how I have misinterpreted what you said. You seem to be trying to talk down to me like I am inferior which seems rude. I also don't understand the issue of having a disposable income, and class is subjective at best.

I don't wear sportswear or waste money on jewellery but some would say I have a disposable income which I work bloody hard for and I can spend it on what I want..Be it overpriced daystates or not, Although Id rather throw the money at a nice centre fire or side by side.
    I didn't say that people shouldn't spend their money on what they want. I spend money on things I want too. I didn't mean to talk down to you Ricky but you did put words in my mouth. The fact is, you have to have a disposable income to buy expensive items.

Chris

I didn't say that people shouldn't spend their money on what they want. I spend money on things I want too. I didn't mean to talk down to you Ricky but you did put words in my mouth. The fact is, you have to have a disposable income to buy expensive items.

Chris
    Thats fair enough I do have a disposable income really..which gets smaller every day as my son gets older!

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    inverted snobbery

the attitude of seeming to despise anything associated with wealth or social status, while at the same time elevating those things associated with lack of wealth and social position.

Sometimes I think the airgun fraternity is its own worst enemy, rubbishing anything that doesn't match their own current attitude on whats, good, bad, cool or not. whether its a PCP or Springer.

Opinions are great that are objective and not based on prejudice. Don't own a daystate at the mo but all the best to them and their fans.
    Thanks for the definition Tone.
    The fact is though, that if I was guilty of inverted snobbery I'd be derisive towards the buyers of all top end manufacturers. I'm being more particular and wealth, or lack of it, is completely irrelevent.
    Also, any opinion is subjective, that's exactly the definition of opinion. I won't type out the definition like you did though, it would be a bit pretentious in my opinion.

Chris

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I mock people I know who have Daystates because it amuses me! They used to mock me for having an HW100, so thats fair!

The funny thing is I have nothing really against Daystates, its not like they're as bad as Air Arms S410's for Gods sake!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I mock people I know who have Daystates because it amuses me! They used to mock me for having an HW100, so thats fair!

The funny thing is I have nothing really against Daystates, its not like they're as bad as Air Arms S410's for Gods sake!
    I own both daystates and weihrauch so mock myself frequently! the HW100 gets way more useage than the Daystate though. My most used rifle is the HW66 in 17hmr..love that rifle!

Naww..poor S410! I still like them, well apart from the thin straw barrels and blueing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyg View Post
    Thats fair enough I do have a disposable income really..which gets smaller every day as my son gets older!
    I know what that's like mate. I've got two of the buggers and they don't get any cheaper to keep!

Chris

Can Daystate find it within their most innovative inner self to at-least design a rifle receiver that conceals a magazine neatly?

Thumbs up

After owning the wolverine now for a few months now I don't think people should look at daystate in terms of snobbery . They make great guns to a price and they are worth the extra over some other brands.

They don't make you shoot better but the difference can be appreciated by those who know what they are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitester View Post
    They don't make you shoot better but the difference can be appreciated by those who know what they are looking at.
    That's the funniest thing I've read on this forum for a very long time.
    Thanks Whitester.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Whitester View Post
    After owning the wolverine now for a few months now I don't think people should look at daystate in terms of snobbery . They make great guns to a price and they are worth the extra over some other brands.

I wanted a gun that worked but even after three times it went back to daystate it still came back crap
    They even had a nerve to charge £16.30 because a pellet got into the hamers system , apparently you should not index the pellet when shooting at a 30 degree angle or more . crapstate are overrated overpriced crap and that is not just my opinion but many others to