Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New daystate on the 30th July!

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    I wanted a gun that worked but even after three times it went back to daystate it still came back crap
    They even had a nerve to charge £16.30 because a pellet got into the hamers system , apparently you should not index the pellet when shooting at a 30 degree angle or more . crapstate are overrated overpriced crap and that is not just my opinion but many others to
    That is a very unfair comment to make. All brands produce lemons but you rarely hear about other brands other than on brand specific forums.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

I think Daystate make more lemons than most. Considering they are in the top tier of airguns they should not release sub standard products which they have done now for a few years. Every model has complaints of leaks, poor quality workmanship and low power.

I got a regal last month..I swear beavers could knaw out better quality metalwork. Test certificate said 11.6 with 8.4gr 4.52 daystates..I used the same pellets, 5 different batches and power was under 10.4! That takes the piss. Its fine now after I did the work myself, Didnt fancy sending it back and waiting months for it to be returned only to be worse with extra scratches. Another note against the design of these, there is a mix of imperial and metric screws on them, bloody nightmare to work on without rounding out the cheap cheese cap heads they have used. Why couldnt they use stainless screws on the bolt instead of the hardened cheese black ones for the sake of looks?? I've pretty much changed every screw on it for less than 5 quid.

Dont get me wrong, I do like the rifle now I have sorted it, but it should have been perfect out of the box for £800+

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyg View Post
    I think Daystate make more lemons than most. Considering they are in the top tier of airguns they should not release sub standard products which they have done now for a few years. Every model has complaints of leaks, poor quality workmanship and low power.

I got a regal last month..I swear beavers could knaw out better quality metalwork. Test certificate said 11.6 with 8.4gr 4.52 daystates..I used the same pellets, 5 different batches and power was under 10.4! That takes the piss. Its fine now after I did the work myself, Didnt fancy sending it back and waiting months for it to be returned only to be worse with extra scratches. Another note against the design of these, there is a mix of imperial and metric screws on them, bloody nightmare to work on without rounding out the cheap cheese cap heads they have used. Why couldnt they use stainless screws on the bolt instead of the hardened cheese black ones for the sake of looks?? I've pretty much changed every screw on it for less than 5 quid.

Dont get me wrong, I do like the rifle now I have sorted it, but it should have been perfect out of the box for £800+
    In light of your previous misgivings I would ask why did you buy one?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    That's the funniest thing I've read on this forum for a very long time.
    Thanks Whitester.

Chris
    In that case I can only presume that you have missed the point . On the plus side I'm glad I cheered you up , it must be wonderful to be as ignorant as you are

Quote Originally Posted by Whitester View Post
    In that case I can only presume that you have missed the point . On the plus side I'm glad I cheered you up , it must be wonderful to be as ignorant as you are
    You think I've missed the point? That's almost as funny as your first comment.
    I didn't need cheering up by the way, I'm not unhappy about anything.
    Your personal insult says much more about you than it does me. If you can't come up with a lucid opinion you should just write nothing, stamping your feet will just make you look a bit thick.

Chris

You think I've missed the point? That's almost as funny as your first comment.
    I didn't need cheering up by the way, I'm not unhappy about anything.
    Your personal insult says much more about you than it does me. If you can't come up with a lucid opinion you should just write nothing, stamping your feet will just make you look a bit thick.

Chris
    Daystate make lots of rifles and a few slip by QC which results in ridicule on this forum. I no longer own a Daystate but wouldn't hesitate to own one in the future. Lately FX have produced a lot of lemons but people still think of them as great. HW100's haven't been exempt from flaw either with well documented faults being discussed on the Weirhauch forums. Whichever brand you choose to own is entirely up to you but you might want to change the record from bashing Daystate before you get boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Daystate make lots of rifles and a few slip by QC which results in ridicule on this forum. I no longer own a Daystate but wouldn't hesitate to own one in the future. Lately FX have produced a lot of lemons but people still think of them as great. HW100's haven't been exempt from flaw either with well documented faults being discussed on the Weirhauch forums. Whichever brand you choose to own is entirely up to you but you might want to change the record from bashing Daystate before you get boring.
    I'm speaking from experience Rob. Daystate, in my experience, are the worst for quality control of all of the major manufacturers. This is despite them charging a very considerable premium for what should be a prestigious name.
    I will continue to criticise them and any other manufacturer that I have found to be sub-standard and your bleating won't deter me.
    If Daystate don't get the poor feedback they deserve they will continue to produce shoddy products and the blind loyalty that you and a few others show won't help them at all.
    I've commented in other threads about a recent HW100 I bought which needed a new barrel. Within 10 days it had a replacement and is now perfect.
    You're not doing Daystate any favours by chucking your toys out of the pram every time someone criticises them. At the moment they're poor on the whole and have been for about four years now. People are bound to start asking questions.

Chris

I'm speaking from experience Rob. Daystate, in my experience, are the worst for quality control of all of the major manufacturers. This is despite them charging a very considerable premium for what should be a prestigious name.
    I will continue to criticise them and any other manufacturer that I have found to be sub-standard and your bleating won't deter me.
    If Daystate don't get the poor feedback they deserve they will continue to produce shoddy products and the blind loyalty that you and a few others show won't help them at all.
    I've commented in other threads about a recent HW100 I bought which needed a new barrel. Within 10 days it had a replacement and is now perfect.
    You're not doing Daystate any favours by chucking your toys out of the pram every time someone criticises them. At the moment they're poor on the whole and have been for about four years now. People are bound to start asking questions.

Chris
    No one is chucking toys out of prams but you are getting very repetitive. The trouble is people stop listening to what you say so when you come up with something useful, no one heard it. A business responds well to constructive criticism but when you read the BS on here they may well respond differently to customers who choose not to communicate but to berate the products. I am not suggesting that they are flawless but they sell 90% of what they produce abroad and no complaints come from that quarter. The one thing that always crops up is low power. Firstly every manufacturer is supplying guns well below the 12 ftlb limit which is not a problem to anyone who learns how to use what they have and not get hung up on about 6 or 7 fps. Second is the fact that all PCP rifles tend to creep up as they bed in. Lastly everyone seems to like bashing Daysate which is a shame because they are still a British company with a healthy order book.

No one is chucking toys out of prams but you are getting very repetitive. The trouble is people stop listening to what you say so when you come up with something useful, no one heard it. A business responds well to constructive criticism but when you read the BS on here they may well respond differently to customers who choose not to communicate but to berate the products. I am not suggesting that they are flawless but they sell 90% of what they produce abroad and no complaints come from that quarter. The one thing that always crops up is low power. Firstly every manufacturer is supplying guns well below the 12 ftlb limit which is not a problem to anyone who learns how to use what they have and not get hung up on about 6 or 7 fps. Second is the fact that all PCP rifles tend to creep up as they bed in. Lastly everyone seems to like bashing Daysate which is a shame because they are still a British company with a healthy order book.
    God, who's boring now?
    How do you know what complaints are coming from abroad? I've seen shedloads of complaints on the American forums.
    Your comments about power are just daft. No one is saying that you need 11.9fpe but why do Daystate lie about the power of their guns? I've had several that have a certificate stating around 11.4 when they are considerably less than that in real life. The other manufacturers set them around 11ish but they don't lie about it.
    You can do what you like Rob, but there are a lot more people than me and Villaman who realise what a rip off Daystate rifles are nowadays and you can shred your knickers as much as you like about it.
    I'll leave it at that for now I think.

Chris

its a new Ft gun

I know of 3 that will be using /promoting it
    Ostler Ev2 in Warren Edwards off set (Pope) + Prem ret x45 Comp Series luepold
    Oaktree FTC
    Air Arms XTi50 Test Pilot

God, who's boring now?
    How do you know what complaints are coming from abroad? I've seen shedloads of complaints on the American forums.
    Your comments about power are just daft. No one is saying that you need 11.9fpe but why do Daystate lie about the power of their guns? I've had several that have a certificate stating around 11.4 when they are considerably less than that in real life. The other manufacturers set them around 11ish but they don't lie about it.
    You can do what you like Rob, but there are a lot more people than me and Villaman who realise what a rip off Daystate rifles are nowadays and you can shred your knickers as much as you like about it.
    I'll leave it at that for now I think.

Chris
    Do you have access to a Home Office approved chronograph? Do you test guns under controlled conditions for temperature and humidity? As for power climbing I would suggest you do a bit of research because it is scientifically proven fact not the result obtained from a Combro in a damp garage in Dorset. You might not like Daystate but they certainly do seem to sell well. Personally I am more than happy with cheaper guns these days like the Galatian FAC .25, SMK P10 .22 in sub 12 and the HW97KT Blackline in .177 which I own and have no complaints about.

Have had a mk4 which went back a few times .... Lasted about 50 shots at around my preferred circa 777 fps with 8.44s then went back into its stupid limp mode , a very consistent 740/745 fps and wouldn't shift till it was looked at again .... Chopped that in for a stunning looking wolverine C .... That had the LARGEST power curve I've ever seen , with a sweet spot about the same size as a 400

I really rate the look of daystates , but unfortunately that's as far as this love affair goes

The mk4 was really hard to part with , I was desperate to love it .... But I wasn't to be 😃
    Www.wendoverairrifleclub.co.uk
    Quigley Hollow Airgun Club
    I kicked the bucket , with 2 feet firmly on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by piemanlarger View Post
    its a new Ft gun

I know of 3 that will be using /promoting it
    I guessed as much-Daystate are sponsoring an HFT National soon and are showing of the new rifle Good luck to them

JE SUIS DAYSTATE
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

That is a very unfair comment to make. All brands produce lemons but you rarely hear about other brands other than on brand specific forums.
    Not unfair at all but the truth

In light of your previous misgivings I would ask why did you buy one?
    ..it's a pretty gun

All these comments on power and do I have a home office approved chrono...hahahahaha! What a crock of shite!

I have a decent chrono, I have a LOT of rifles, lots of other brands with test certificates which are pretty bang on with my own tests, apart from the daystate! I'm not the only one, hundreds of people have complained and had them returned to the factory for "repair" and once back most of them were corrected. So..in light of them being returned and power now being correct, i officially call bullshit on their test certificates. Personally I think they were put together with the wrong top hat on the hammer Spring, probably from another model. They sure as hell didn't test them as per the certificates.