Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New daystate on the 30th July!

hahaha, this on the daystate website..

In the UK unlicensed rifles must not be capable of producing power, with any projectile above the legal limit of 12 foot/pounds energy. The rifle has been calibrated* at the Daystate factory with sufficient safety margin to ensure compliance with currently available pellets. This rifle has been set up to a power level not under 11 and not exceeding 11.7 foot pounds energy using the recommended pellet as specified in the official handbook.

uh huh, well on another forum one guy was told by daystate that all the regals left the factory underpowered! its documented on pretty much every forum there is.

Does make me laugh when people keep comparing the mk3 and 4 (both EOL products) with NEW daystate products.

Back in the day Volvo made solid cars...my new one is a bag of turd with never ending problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyg View Post
    Actually, we tested the x4 of them in stock and they all came up short. All four were under 10.6 which in the real world isnt a big deal but the certificate is a lie...FACT!

I've been a mechanical engineer for over 20 years, worked on all of my own rifles, made custom parts for airguns and centrefires so I'm not afraid of tinkering. They are not complicated at all. The quality comparison between Daystate and lets say, Weihrauch (the cheaper guns) is night and day. Daystate finishing is terrible and has been for a long time..they need to be called out on this and all the fanboys arent helping as they clearly dont know better OR have been super lucky and gotten a rifle that the builder actually gave a toss about.

pellet probe - groove in the top for the bearing to sit in has burrs down the full length causing the bolt to feel like its in grit.
    bolt handle - Nice stainless bolt with black allen bolts -WFT! for the sake of a penny!
    hammer cylinder - not even finished, rough edges, outside of the tube isnt even finished, its cut from the raw length then slapped on
    trigger guard - plastic....PLASTIC! and bolted on with a mechano set.
    barrel shroud - Screws at the back, one was rounded off so needed to be drilled out.
    main body/bolt housing - Annodising is so thin its worn through to bare alloy on the sharp edges - all four in the store were like this.
    main body screws were loose, even the anti tampers were finger tight
    hammer spring - looks like it was chewed from a larger spring. The twang from this is stupid loud.

Fixed all that (apart from the annodising) and now its fine..but I would have expected Daystate to do that for an £800 rifle!

I also bought a Weihrauch HW100K at the same time...the list of things I needed to do to that to get it right is below...

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    There really is no end to your excuses is there? Why can't you just accept that many people are very dissatisfied with Daystate?
    Do you really think that people could be bothered to have multiple user names just to complain about Daystate?
    One more question, what colour are the clouds on your planet?

Chris
    I don't make excuses but I do understand when limited intelligence is at work. If you feel so strongly why don't you take these issues up with trading standards instead of mouthing off on here. Silly isn't it that you want to berate when the law is there to protect the consumer but you are so thick that it didn't occur to you to make your position clear which would open up a case against the manufacturer. Rather like imbeciles you choose to tamper yourself and then slag off the company. Pretty pathetic form and cancels any hope of warranty work. I am amazed that you found the strength to climb out of the reject bucket yourselves.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

hahaha, this on the daystate website..

In the UK unlicensed rifles must not be capable of producing power, with any projectile above the legal limit of 12 foot/pounds energy. The rifle has been calibrated* at the Daystate factory with sufficient safety margin to ensure compliance with currently available pellets. This rifle has been set up to a power level not under 11 and not exceeding 11.7 foot pounds energy using the recommended pellet as specified in the official handbook.

uh huh, well on another forum one guy was told by daystate that all the regals left the factory underpowered! its documented on pretty much every forum there is.

Does make me laugh when people keep comparing the mk3 and 4 (both EOL products) with NEW daystate products.

Back in the day Volvo made solid cars...my new one is a bag of turd with never ending problems.
    Hmmmm ... so the rifle has been set up to give between 11 and 11.7 with the single pellet make/brand given in the handbook. Assuming this is a 8.44gn variant then the mv will be set between 766 and 790fps. Interesting and maybe, just maybe, supports my view that individual rifles are set up to be acceptable when performing within a range. Hence a rifle can be set up, possibly without recourse to a chrono, to be within 766 and 790fps and hence within spec.

Now I do not know if this is done or even feasible on a mechanical Daystate but I think it could be done on other rifles where the hammer throw etc can be set by measurements on a screw thread adjuster or whatever. Once you know the measured settings you could get pretty close without recourse to a chrono. So ... set to be approx half way in the range and you are on spec; somewhere between 766 and 790.

I stress this is just idle thinking ....

I also stress I am not taking sides in this debate ... just trying to think of explanations for findings by other people. I cannot fault my Daystates nor my daughter's AirWolf.

Cheers, Phil
    Last edited by Phil Russell; 29-07-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    I don't make excuses but I do understand when limited intelligence is at work. If you feel so strongly why don't you take these issues up with trading standards instead of mouthing off on here. Silly isn't it that you want to berate when the law is there to protect the consumer but you are so thick that it didn't occur to you to make your position clear which would open up a case against the manufacturer. Rather like imbeciles you choose to tamper yourself and then slag off the company. Pretty pathetic form and cancels any hope of warranty work. I am amazed that you found the strength to climb out of the reject bucket yourselves.
    For starters, less of the insults..I didnt insult you so I dont expect it in return, its pathetic..grow up. If you want to see limited intelligence, take a look in the mirror pal.

Trading standards would do nothing, they would ask if I contacted the manufacturers (which I have) and left it at that. 'Mouthing' off on here as you put it is where it counts, I am not the only person that has issues with 'NEW' products coming from Daystate and problems with their customer service..I am pleased for you that you dont have a problem with yours, it must be nice and cosy up on that horse. I have a problem with mine, and if I want to 'mouth' off I will..if you dont like it, piss off and dont read it.

I've been a mechanical engineer for over 20 years, worked for Accuracy International for a number of them designing and building centrefires, an airgun isnt exactly hard to work on. You probably say the same to people when they say they are going to repair and spray their own car do you? again..not rocket science but a skill none the less. (before you slag that off too, I rebuilt and sprayed my 1969 dodge charger all with my own silly hands..no one died)

I spoke to a daystate tech and got permission to strip the rifle myself rather than post it back and forth and after reading other nightmare stories on people returning theirs it wasnt worth the risk.

Your entire logic is skewed beyond belief, I didnt 'tamper' to find a problem, they were apparent..I 'tampered' to correct the problems.

How the hell you get customers is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Hmmmm ... so the rifle has been set up to give between 11 and 11.7 with the single pellet make/brand given in the handbook. Assuming this is a 8.44gn variant then the mv will be set between 766 and 790fps. Interesting and maybe, just maybe, supports my view that individual rifles are set up to be acceptable when performing within a range. Hence a rifle can be set up, possibly without recourse to a chrono, to be within 766 and 790fps and hence within spec.

Now I do not know if this is done or even feasible on a mechanical Daystate but I think it could be done on other rifles where the hammer throw etc can be set by measurements on a screw thread adjuster or whatever. Once you know the measured settings you could get pretty close without recourse to a chrono. So ... set to be approx half way in the range and you are on spec; somewhere between 766 and 790.

I stress this is just idle thinking ....

I also stress I am not taking sides in this debate ... just trying to think of explanations for findings by other people. I cannot fault my Daystates nor my daughter's AirWolf.

Cheers, Phil
    Anyone with the knowledge of PCPs knows that PCPs make more power with heavy pellets. This is ususally the case but not 100% of the time( my HW 100 seems to be pretty consistent in power from about 8 grs to about 10.5 grs) so I bet they set the power to about 11.4 ft.lbs using the Daystate Heavies. If so then the gun will be about 10.6~10.7 ft.lbs when tested with 8.44 grs pellets and underpowered. Unless we want to accept that Daystate just fabricates the test reports.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Anyone with the knowledge of PCPs knows that PCPs make more power with heavy pellets. This is ususally the case but not 100% of the time( my HW 100 seems to be pretty consistent in power from about 8 grs to about 10.5 grs) so I bet they set the power to about 11.4 ft.lbs using the Daystate Heavies. If so then the gun will be about 10.6~10.7 ft.lbs when tested with 8.44 grs pellets and underpowered. Unless we want to accept that Daystate just fabricates the test reports.

A.G
    I tested with bis mags and H&N barracuda match.. 10.8 ft.lbs at its peak

I've just set one of the CNC lathes to turn out a few different depth top hats/hammer spring retainer to fine tune power. Might churn a load out for people to fine tune theirs too...after I finish drilling out this snapped retaining pin from my remmy 700 bolt, ugh!

For starters, less of the insults..I didnt insult you so I dont expect it in return, its pathetic..grow up. If you want to see limited intelligence, take a look in the mirror pal.

Trading standards would do nothing, they would ask if I contacted the manufacturers (which I have) and left it at that. 'Mouthing' off on here as you put it is where it counts, I am not the only person that has issues with 'NEW' products coming from Daystate and problems with their customer service..I am pleased for you that you dont have a problem with yours, it must be nice and cosy up on that horse. I have a problem with mine, and if I want to 'mouth' off I will..if you dont like it, piss off and dont read it.

I've been a mechanical engineer for over 20 years, worked for Accuracy International for a number of them designing and building centrefires, an airgun isnt exactly hard to work on. You probably say the same to people when they say they are going to repair and spray their own car do you? again..not rocket science but a skill none the less. (before you slag that off too, I rebuilt and sprayed my 1969 dodge charger all with my own silly hands..no one died)

I spoke to a daystate tech and got permission to strip the rifle myself rather than post it back and forth and after reading other nightmare stories on people returning theirs it wasnt worth the risk.

Your entire logic is skewed beyond belief, I didnt 'tamper' to find a problem, they were apparent..I 'tampered' to correct the problems.

How the hell you get customers is beyond me.
    Go on keep digging. When you bought it, it came from a retailer which is who you take it back to if it is faulty. The retailer deals with the manufacturer not the customer. That is when trading standards will investigate if the goods are not of merchantable quality. Its called the sale of goods act and applies to everything you buy. Now if these problems become well known to TS then they will take further action against the manufacturer. It just blows smoke at your argument because you shot not only yourself, but other potential claimants as well by not following the correct proceedure in the first place. As for a tech telling you to do it yourself I do hope Tony Belas reads this because it would certainly warrant an investigation. I get most of my customers by recommendation, some from advertising and some directly from the motor trade if that helps. Now as for mouthing off, put as much effort into doing things right in the first place and it may surprise you what you can achieve.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post

A.G
    Fully agree with the first half of your post but the rest is, just like my posts, a bit of speculation (nothing wrong in that, I add). I would love to hear from someone who has recently purchased a rifle with a manual that gives the recommended pellet.

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    What a pathetic post Rob. I feel sorry for you if you really think like that.
    The whole point of a forum is to air opinions and experiences pertinent to the subject of that forum.
    Your arguments have been shot down in flames all the way through this thread and so you've decided to insult the people who disagree with you. It's a bit silly to accuse us of a lack of intelligence given the content of some of your posts.
    As Ricky said, I'm happy that you have been pleased with Daystate products but we, and many others I'm aware of, have not been. I for one have contacted Daystate on several occasions but have not had the problems resolved.
    Again, I advise you to look up the definition of 'Forum' before you repeat your accusations.

Chris

Itl be a new pulsar with an air proximity based trigger..., (no blade, I've heard they dont have much of a seconds stage ) or a huntsman with full electronic trigger!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

maybe a Russian gun distributed by daystate
    ISP Airstream mk3 March F 2.5/25mml. Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 leupold 20/50 Steyr 2014 hft March x 5/50 MTR3 ISP Airstream MK3 March x 8-80 silver, fx impact m3 element helix Ripley AR4 blue Burris 8/32 Steyr 2014 hot all .177