Thread: Webley Tracker.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Webley Tracker.

Hi I am new to this site and would love to draw on your assistance. I have a Webley tracker which is a little agricultural in the way it operates I have considered a gas ram but have heard some bad reviews has anyone got any first hand experience of this conversation?

Hi Darren,

Gas rams are a Marmite thing. I love them, many hate them. Most would agree that the firing cycle of a rammer can be quite different from a springer though. One thing to remember, a replacement gas strut for your Tracker will be a sealed unit, if it's over power/under power/leaks, there isn't much that you can do about it.

As a newbie, you might be better served staying spring-powered and seeking advice on how to tune your rifle to make it a little less agricultural. All the best...

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The Tracker is agricultural, thats part of its charm!

The best thing you can do is strip, polish and relube sparingly. Keep the power to around 10ft/lb and enjoy it!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

I've only ever shot one of these and it was Mr Tinbum's.

Lovely!

If I could have justified the spend, it woild have come home with me.

I wouldn't say "agricultural". I'd say "old school".

And that stumpy little thing felt far more solid than I had imagined.

I'm sure that with a little attention fettling, polishing and relube, it will feel far more refined.

And welcome to the forum, Darren.

Oh, and, as you are so close to Nuneaton, Darren, get yourself to the Boinger Bash (see latest thread) in just six weeks' time. You'll meet lots of the characters on here in laid back, informal surroundings and I guarantee you'll have a fantastic time.

P.S. I' m guessing (not looked at a schematic) that the Tracker piston doesn't have a rod? A nice top hat and guide mated to a properly finished and fitting spring will transform the stumpy one.
    Last edited by TonyL; 24-07-2016 at 09:19 PM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Yes my tracker is old school. Not as accurate as my prosport. But that is it's charm. But i love the balance better on my tracker than my prosport which is far heavier. If only webley had spent more time on the internals. Would have been a much better gun.

Hi
    I have fitted an "Airmagnum" ram on my .22 Tracker. First I was very happy with it then it developed some inconsistency so I need to investigate (piston seal ?).
    I have kept all communication with them, so if you need more info, please pm.