Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Tracker.

Question Webley Tracker.

Hi I am new to this site and would love to draw on your assistance. I have a Webley tracker which is a little agricultural in the way it operates I have considered a gas ram but have heard some bad reviews has anyone got any first hand experience of this conversation?

Hi Darren,

Gas rams are a Marmite thing. I love them, many hate them. Most would agree that the firing cycle of a rammer can be quite different from a springer though. One thing to remember, a replacement gas strut for your Tracker will be a sealed unit, if it's over power/under power/leaks, there isn't much that you can do about it.

As a newbie, you might be better served staying spring-powered and seeking advice on how to tune your rifle to make it a little less agricultural. All the best...

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The Tracker is agricultural, thats part of its charm!

The best thing you can do is strip, polish and relube sparingly. Keep the power to around 10ft/lb and enjoy it!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I've only ever shot one of these and it was Mr Tinbum's.

Lovely!

If I could have justified the spend, it woild have come home with me.

I wouldn't say "agricultural". I'd say "old school".

And that stumpy little thing felt far more solid than I had imagined.

I'm sure that with a little attention fettling, polishing and relube, it will feel far more refined.

And welcome to the forum, Darren.

Oh, and, as you are so close to Nuneaton, Darren, get yourself to the Boinger Bash (see latest thread) in just six weeks' time. You'll meet lots of the characters on here in laid back, informal surroundings and I guarantee you'll have a fantastic time.

P.S. I' m guessing (not looked at a schematic) that the Tracker piston doesn't have a rod? A nice top hat and guide mated to a properly finished and fitting spring will transform the stumpy one.
    Last edited by TonyL; 24-07-2016 at 09:19 PM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Yes my tracker is old school. Not as accurate as my prosport. But that is it's charm. But i love the balance better on my tracker than my prosport which is far heavier. If only webley had spent more time on the internals. Would have been a much better gun.

Hi
    I have fitted an "Airmagnum" ram on my .22 Tracker. First I was very happy with it then it developed some inconsistency so I need to investigate (piston seal ?).
    I have kept all communication with them, so if you need more info, please pm.

Re: Tracker

Darren,

For an 'agricultural' gun it's beautifully blued and has a fabulous Walnut stock!

The only real down side is that crappy trigger and definite after-thought of a safety catch (which is rubbish).

Ditch the gas-ram idea and get a decent tuning kit instead; refer to Mr Tinbums website for excellent ideas.....although in the interest of balance others are also available!

A quality Spring (set to 10ft/lbs), delrin guide / top-hat and decent lube and your well on your way; give the trigger sear a de-burr / light polish and possibly fit a trigger shoe to improve feel.

Great gun....should never have given it you!!!!

Try Maccaris Webley-kit

Try this kit:
    http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...488/552850.htm

It works very well if your tracker is good. Some trackers have problems that can not be solved with a spring kit or a polish/rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbor-gunner View Post
    Darren,

For an 'agricultural' gun it's beautifully blued and has a fabulous Walnut stock!

The only real down side is that crappy trigger and definite after-thought of a safety catch (which is rubbish).

Ditch the gas-ram idea and get a decent tuning kit instead; refer to Mr Tinbums website for excellent ideas.....although in the interest of balance others are also available!

A quality Spring (set to 10ft/lbs), delrin guide / top-hat and decent lube and your well on your way; give the trigger sear a de-burr / light polish and possibly fit a trigger shoe to improve feel.

Great gun....should never have given it you!!!!
    It is a great gun and I think it looks the mutts Andrew that's why I had to keep it...😃

Thank you

Some great advice thank you all. I think I will avoid the ram idea as I'm not convinced. I definitely think a retune would be the best way forward for me.
    Andrew you should never have let it out of your sights she is a lovely little thing (I think stumpy shall be her new name) 😄 You did mention Mr tinbums expertise the other day and I think a nice sympathetic retune at around 10-11 ft lb would be just the ticket.
    That trigger is in desperate need of a clean up and polish as it is currently working exactly as designed (badly).

Bash

Andrew what are you doing first weekend of September...

Don't know....speak to Jo!

Why, do you fancy going to the Boinger Bash?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbor-gunner View Post
    Don't know....speak to Jo!

Why, do you fancy going to the Boinger Bash?

Yes he does, so do you!

Bring beer and plenty of pellets!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yes he does, so do you!

Bring beer and plenty of pellets!

Nice one!

Yep, get along to The Bash, peeps!!

BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING !!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Ha ha

Sounds good to me.