Thread: New kid on the block

New kid on the block

Just like to say Hi I have been on this site
    for some time and never sent a post ( not good with e mail) However I have a old gun that need a value and hope you can help.

Hi and welcome....I am an apprentice on this excellent Forum...a great wealth of knowledge to be had from the experts. Bu,t a good valuation needs more information and possibly photographs; make, model, serial number, condition and so on......You may be on to a winner if it is a BSA Centenary 0.25, it may generate a bit of interest with those who have a fetish for those wooden things.....

All the best....

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Hi and welcome....I am an apprentice on this excellent Forum...a great wealth of knowledge to be had from the experts. Bu,t a good valuation needs more information and possibly photographs; make, model, serial number, condition and so on......You may be on to a winner if it is a BSA Centenary 0.25, it may generate a bit of interest with those who have a fetish for those wooden things.....

All the best....
    Lol! If it was it would be worth a lot as none were ever produced in .25!

ASM
    Brexit voter and proud British citizen and patriot (once more)
    The E.U. is built on pure Poopenshtinken!
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Welcome and a photo is good!

not BSA

Its not a bsa but a Theoben imperator FT 177
    In mint condition last time I looked
    Once site will let me put up pics will add photo

Quote Originally Posted by steve burns View Post
    Its not a bsa but a Theoben imperator FT 177
    In mint condition last time I looked
    Once site will let me put up pics will add photo
    Hi Steve, you my already know this but you can only attach photos in the sales section. On this forum section you have to use a photo hosting site like Photobucket or Imgur and others.

Regards, Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks Baz still trying to work out how to use forum.

Help!! Can you value my gun

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/st...a.jpg.html?o=2
    Theoben imperator FT 177 ,
    My understanding is that about 50 rh 6 lh where made
    mint condition for age any info on this gun.
    Last edited by steve burns; 28-07-2016 at 07:44 AM. Reason: photo not working

Nice

Welcome to the best bit of the best forum.

That is nice (and no, I am not covertly offering to buy it, I'm skint in respect of funds for guns just now).

I can't confirm whether only 56 were made, but that wouldn't surprise me: they are very rare. To be honest, that's because they were really expensive - like £600ish in 1999 - and weren't actually any better as an FT springer than a tuned 77, and by the time they came out PCPs had started to take off.

Rarity makes it quite hard to price.

Assuming it is indeed near-mint, and all the internals work as they should, if it were mine, I would not dream of letting it go for less than £450, and I'd probably hold out for £600 unless I really needed the cash, on the assumption that the right buyer would eventually come along who has always wanted one in his Theoben collection.

At the right auction, say a Holts main sale, I could see it doing very well too, not least because it might attract American buyers as well as UK ones.

Is that a Tasco 6-24x40TR on top? That's worth something like £80-120 on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Welcome to the best bit of the best forum.

That is nice (and no, I am not covertly offering to buy it, I'm skint in respect of funds for guns just now).

I can't confirm whether only 56 were made, but that wouldn't surprise me: they are very rare. To be honest, that's because they were really expensive - like £600ish in 1999 - and weren't actually any better as an FT springer than a tuned 77, and by the time they came out PCPs had started to take off.

Rarity makes it quite hard to price.

Assuming it is indeed near-mint, and all the internals work as they should, if it were mine, I would not dream of letting it go for less than £450, and I'd probably hold out for £600 unless I really needed the cash, on the assumption that the right buyer would eventually come along who has always wanted one in his Theoben collection.

At the right auction, say a Holts main sale, I could see it doing very well too, not least because it might attract American buyers as well as UK ones.

Is that a Tasco 6-24x40TR on top? That's worth something like £80-120 on its own.
    Hi Geezer never even thought the scope had value it s not one I used a lot , I paid £600 ish when new for gun .