Quote Originally Posted by Plink all day View Post
Bought this scope recently for its ability to focus at very short ranges but took it to the club and tried it at 25m and just could not get the target in sharp focus... Anyone know much about this? I'm wondering if being set up to perform at very short ranges means it's out of its comfort zone at moreusual ranges? Also struggled to group well which I wasnt sure if possibly due to parallax error? I thought an AO scope would eliminate this but perhaps not? Any advice gratefully received!
it might be the scope mate! great scopes, i had one a while back and sold it with a rifle to musclefox on here. but IIRC he had a problem with it and sent it back for a replacement - though i could be wrong?
But you may want to try putting it out of focus with the a/o. look through it at a blank background like the sky or light coloured wall. then adjust the eye relief until it is sharp and very black in colour (the reticle). then leave the eye relief alone and then try adjusting the a/o to the distance you want. it should then be ok (in theory). i have found that the eye relief, if set wrong, can ofter play havoc with the parallax/focus on some scopes. i wear glasses occasional but mostly wear lenses if that helps.
atb
jon