Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: another post about parcel force 48hr express.

And to think thy trust these dumb people with hundreds of thousands of pounds in cash . . . . As to the guy who posted saying were not helping by not telling the truth about what we are sending , well I see your point mate we should not have to lie when we are doing nothing wrong.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    the woman in the post office can't believe how much bad luck i've had with my motorcycle exhaust.
    :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Sent some reflex sights by cheap collect and deliver service - called the items:-

"Direction Indicators"

No problems got there 3 days later.

M.
    Why be awkward, when with a little bit of effort you can be really impossible!

I have taken out the extra insurance when sending by PF 48

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    I have taken out the extra insurance when sending by PF 48
    Wasted your money then max of £100,they'll take your money though !
    Last edited by emin-j; 12-03-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emin-j View Post
    Mk2 PPI scam then......where theres blame theres a claim.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I like to point out I'm not obliged to tell them what it is as long as I confirm what it isn't ie: aerosols, flammable, explosive etc.

Sometimes if they persist and there is a bit of an audience I like to say it's a whopping great big vibrator. Generally causes a bit of embarrassment and makes them less likely to ask next time!

Salamander is offline The bbs' most interfered with member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind666 View Post
    Hi Davy mate . . . Please pm me what rifles you are selling as I'm in the market for 3 new weinrauch rifles and you are close (ish) so I don't mind a train ride to collect .
    Cheers pal atb
    That's if the railway will let you bring a 'firearm' back from deepest Wales--or anywhere else.
    That mod from Yns Mon's been interfering with me.

Quote Originally Posted by emin-j View Post
    Not really ,extra 80p per £100 of cover !!

Quote Originally Posted by phil384 View Post
    The scope I sent yesterday was a toy train. I really cannot be bothered getting into the debate/rigmarole (sp?) that is sure to follow when I say the words "Rifle scope"
    For gun scopes, I just tell them it is an optical instrument. For stock I tell them it is a wood carving. I know if it goes missing I maybe in trouble but I really can not be bothered to explain to them what is allowed and what is not.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Not really ,extra 80p per £100 of cover !!
    It's a waste because ParcelForce will not pay out any extra over & above the £100 even if the Post Office offer it & you pay for it that's the whole point

All the issues are because the Post Office is not the same organisation as ParcelForce or Royal Mail.
    The PO run the shop but a different firm PF/RM actually carry the item from A to B, so both the shipping & the insurance terms are set by the carrier not the shop.

My local PO recently closed & moved to a local store, the first time I sent a gun part the new people kicked off but having now been corrected by me she's now as helpful as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    It's a waste because ParcelForce will not pay out any extra over & above the £100 even if the Post Office offer it & you pay for it that's the whole point

All the issues are because the Post Office is not the same organisation as ParcelForce or Royal Mail.
    The PO run the shop but a different firm PF/RM actually carry the item from A to B, so both the shipping & the insurance terms are set by the carrier not the shop.

My local PO recently closed & moved to a local store, the first time I sent a gun part the new people kicked off but having now been corrected by me she's now as helpful as can be.
    Its an interesting point. From my old studies on the subject of contract law,there has to be an offer and acceptance and 'consideration' - in this case the extra payment. Thus, in the event of loss/damage, failure to pay out would be a breach of contract.

If I ever won the lottery, I'd make a hobby of taking organisations like this to court. I may not win every time, but it would be fun to try.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Its an interesting point. From my old studies on the subject of contract law,there has to be an offer and acceptance and 'consideration' - in this case the extra payment. Thus, in the event of loss/damage, failure to pay out would be a breach of contract.

If I ever won the lottery, I'd make a hobby of taking organisations like this to court. I may not win every time, but it would be fun to try.
    In the event of a claim the sender would get their £100 from PF, for anything else they would need to try & sue the PO branch concerned because they are the ones who have misled them. (I have asked PF previously).

But I think the Post Office actually have immunity from prosecution over such matters.

It also clearly states in both RM & PF rules that the Sender is responsible for ensuring their item complies with all shipping rules.

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    For gun scopes, I just tell them it is an optical instrument. For stock I tell them it is a wood carving.....
    Perfectly adequate, truthful descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    In the event of a claim the sender would get their £100 from PF, for anything else they would need to try & sue the PO branch concerned because they are the ones who have misled them. (I have asked PF previously).

But I think the Post Office actually have immunity from prosecution over such matters.

It also clearly states in both RM & PF rules that the Sender is responsible for ensuring their item complies with all shipping rules.
    I agree that it is the local P.O. with whom the contract is made if they agree to increased cover. Obviously, if they do have immunity such as you have stated, then it would be pointless to pursue them.

What you say about the rules is clear but not relevant innasmuch as sending a sub 12ft/lb rifle by PF 48 does comply with the rules.

Anyway, until I win the lottery, its all hypothetical
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.