Thread: BSA Goldstar springer rear open sight.

BSA Goldstar springer rear open sight.

I have recently bought a goldstar springer. Now i had in my cabinate the open sights off my old superstar. Tried fitting them tonight and the front sight fitted no problem. The rear though will not fit as the allan key hole centres that fix it to the gun are closer. I thought this gun was based on the superstar? Chris

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    A phone call to J Knibbs maybe useful Chris ?
    “An airgun or two”………

The sight sits on an adaptor plate, I'll put a pic of mine up in a second.

Where you get the adapter plate from m8? There was not one on my superstar. Or is this plate made for the same sight setup to fit the goldstar? Do knibbs sell the adapter plate. My sights are the all metal ones not the plastic crappy ones. Regards. Chris

Just looked on knibbs site. Only thing i found was a rear sight alloy raiser block. Is that the part you are on about?

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Just looked on knibbs site. Only thing i found was a rear sight alloy raiser block. Is that the part you are on about?
    That'll be it, it looks similar to the raising block used on the Mk5 Meteor when using the rear mounted aperture, and the one used on the Scorpion pistol.

Why does the goldstar need it but the superstar not? Though they are more or less based on same design?

The diagram on Chambers shows the plate on the Superstar and gives it a part number, though it is listed as obsolete and not available.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Why does the goldstar need it but the superstar not? Though they are more or less based on same design?
    FYI my Superstar has the raiser blocks on both front and rear sights, maybe missing from yours?

ATB

Chris
    Falcon Raptor (FN12) Lighthunter - Walnut FX Cutlas - EB XVI - HW35 'Karbine' - BSA Airsporter MK4 - Webley Mk III - Relum Tornado - FWB Sport 127 Deluxe - Crosman 1322 custom - Sussex Armoury Jackal - BSA Superstar - Logun Eagle (All .22) and HW80 in .25

I have the raiser block off the superstar but it wont fit the goldstar. The distance between screw holes is narrower on the goldstar so the plate will not fit.

Probably looking for the wrong part? they were called dampa mounts. if i can find my Knibbs catalogue i could show you.blinking decorating and and cant find bgg all.
    i am sure the dampa mounts fitted both.
    Last edited by max headroom; 13-03-2017 at 03:42 PM.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by max headroom View Post
    Probably looking for the wrong part? they were called dampa mounts. if i can find my Knibbs catalogue i could show you.blinking decorating and and cant find bgg all.
    i am sure the dampa mounts fitted both.
    It's the open sights he's looking at Max, the dampamount was a scope mount.