Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beech wood off cuts

A hint, Eidem; also include a short piece of wooden dowel inside the tube, and drill along the centre of the dowel a clearance hole for the screw. If you just leave an empty void, the spacers can move. This hint stops that from happening.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

I used to be a furniture maker, and just extending it with a piece of beech in my opinion would not look the greatest, you would never get the grain to match,
    It would be easier and look better in a contrasting timber ie walnut/rosewood or if you use beech glue a 3mm light or dark strip on first to give it definition... We were tought if you can't hide it advertise it!!
    Good luck in which ever option you do

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    A hint, Eidem; also include a short piece of wooden dowel inside the tube, and drill along the centre of the dowel a clearance hole for the screw. If you just leave an empty void, the spacers can move. This hint stops that from happening.

Yeah I thought there had to be something inside.

I love that idea as one can simply get longer bolts and use the existing shoulder pad and holes,
    just add two pieces of tubing cut to desired length.
    Usually I just end up making some like those standard plastic extensions from off cuts I have
    lying around. Always ends up as straight extensions and it does kinda look odd.

I always have a couple cork sanding blocks knocking around. They make a wicked simple, but
    comfortable cheek riser. Only takes a couple minutes to cut and sand it. Very comfortable, light
    and it looks decent.
    Wanted part new/used: Model 65, 80, 90 part 1600.178.1 Führungsachse, hinten ø 4,615 Guide axle, rear, ø 4,615