Thread: Mods to Webley pistols ?

Smile Mods to Webley pistols ?

Has anyone modified or customised their Webley Air Pistol.
    Pearl handled grips , Silver plated.
    Just curious as these things have been around for many decades.
    Yes I am enjoying my new , 'old ' Webley Hurricane.
    Cheers
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo

Thanks (you know who you are for the photos of a wonderful engraved Old Webley).
    It's a pity that Webley don't offer wooden grips .Anyone imported Beeman's Grips?
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo

Webley Premier MkII

I have recently bought a Gamo Compact pistol. My brother was so taken with the wooden grips that he decided to fashion some for his old Webley Premier MkII from some [I think] American White Ash.

Pistol was bought new so he has had it for some time!

Picture at:
    http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...79&uid=3916819
    Richard

tpe Guest
    not really much of a mod, but wooden grips are quite easy to whittle, here are mine, they fit very nicely and make it more fun to shoot, cant say i have been able to hit anything more with them tho

http://www.thebort.net/tpe/hurricane.jpg

tim

Kingplinker Guest
    Tim

What type of wood did you use on the grips ?

cheers

Dave

tpe Guest
    Dave, i am afraid it was just what i could get hold of, its teak i think it is from a door sill at the local builders merchant cost next to nothing, close grain, very red, very easy to work with and nice and hard but not very pretty with no grain pattern at all, i have just about enough left to make another set if you need some...

tim

Kingplinker Guest
    Cheers Tim

I was looking to make some grips for a Daisy 717 target pistol , strange but the grips you have made for the Hurricane are very much like the wood grips available for the Daisy ! I will e-mail it to you if you are interested ?

Dave

tpe Guest
    That would be great, I will have to make a target set for my project gun sometime, so need references

tim

chris ballard Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by manxteddy
    Thanks (you know who you are for the photos of a wonderful engraved Old Webley).
    It's a pity that Webley don't offer wooden grips .Anyone imported Beeman's Grips?
    Graham
    Yea, I enquired as they looked quite nice....no go, they would not send to the UK

I have a set of the 'Beeman' grips on a Tempest, and in my opinion, they certainly improve the feel and look of the pistol.

Some good mods .
    Is there anywhere in the uk to buy Beeman grips or must they be ordered from the US ?
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo

tpe Guest
    @troubledshooter

don't think my pms to you got through, anyway just to say thanksfor the phonenumber of your tame quackenbush expert, he really knew his stuff, was great to talk to and helpfull and good bloke. he was a real help.

tim

Quote Originally Posted by manxteddy
    Some good mods .
    Is there anywhere in the uk to buy Beeman grips or must they be ordered from the US ?
    Graham
    To the best of my knowledge there is no one in the UK imports them, but the best thing would be to contact the suppliers in the US and ask if they have a UK distributor.

Originally posted by tpe
    @troubledshooter
    don't think my pms to you got through, anyway just to say thanksfor the phonenumber of your tame quackenbush expert, he really knew his stuff, was great to talk to and helpfull and good bloke. he was a real help.tim
    I did respond but it must have gone adrift.
    Glad to be of service.

chris ballard Guest
    I did and they were quite terse.

My wife works for a US company though, that regularly send gear over here...might give it a try