Thread: A Tell 2 Tale

A Tell 2 Tale

Many years ago I bought a carved wooden box from a local house clearance auction. It was described in the catalogue as a SS officers ashes casket. Around the same time I was given a Tell 2 pistol by Ray Hill, this pistol was part of an article by John Atkins in Airgunner. This article evoked a memory by the original owner of the pistol. The letter sent to John describes how the loop on the front of the pistol came about.
    Apparently the the lad who owned it (the writer of the letter) lent it for a breweries fete and some method was needed to connect it to the shooting stall. This was pre war when Health and Safety was was not quite so evident as today. I have since found out that the box was given by Hitler to to SS officers on their wedding day in which was a copy of his book, Mein Kamp. I sold the box which was worth 20 times more than the pistol.
    Mac

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Interesting story,shame in a way to let the box go the Tell2 looks good in it! As I was reading the name Ray Hill jumped out,I've been trying to find out about him with small success. I have a note written and signed by him hence the interest,it's connected with a BSA hybrid Mercury that it appears he once owned. Atb Phil

Hi,

Obviously not as exotic as elanmac's, but I found a cigar box was ideal for housing one of my Tell 2s.

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...psovrzdyba.jpg

Regards

Brian