Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
I love trawling through the old air gun threads on the BBS as there is so much interesting information. The threads that host pictures really add extra insight and as they say a picture can sometimes speak a thousand words. All to often though when you click on a link to view a photograph its been deleted or is otherwise no longer available.

My question is do these photo hosting websites automatically delete the photographs you add after a certain number of years and if so is there a site that does not that would be better for members to use.

Many thanks if you can answer this one for me.

Kindest regards

Barrel
The answer is, it depends....

Over time sites come and go. So who you hosted with once, may no longer work.

Other options, as said already. The owner may simply move the photo to a different folder/album, which will generally break any links. Or they could have deleted it, or made it private only.

Some hosting sites may well prevent access after a period of time, if it was a paid for service and the owner no longer subscribes.

And bandwidth. Many hosting accounts will limit bandwidth, unless you pay a premium. So photo's may still be there, but you just can't view them.