Thread: AirArms s400

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AirArms s400

After 10 months of using the little s200 it was time to upgrade a little. I originally bought the s200 for the grandson to use on the range but as he lost interest i started
    to use it myself and was quite pleased with it. However when i went to get some pellets on the bike yesterday i spotted a new s400 carbine super-lite in .22 sat there
    on the rack and liked the look and feel of it straight away. So today i returned in the truck and a deal was done.
    I fitted the hawke scope from the 200 on it and took it down the range to set it up..Half a dozen shots and its ready to use. Firstly the trigger is far far better than the 200
    and although i had polished the sear face on the 200 the 400 is much better straight out the box. Accuracy is on par with any other pcp's iv used and just resting my elbow
    on the bench with no rice bag or anything i could keep them in a 1/2" group at 25 yds using AirArms diablo pellets. I fired about 40 shots and the gauge is still showing
    about 160bar so would expect 60 or 70 good shots which isn't too bad for a carbine. The stock is made of popular i believe which has a nice feel to it and gives a fair old
    weight saving. Bluing is deep and the whole thing has a look of quality about it. Well pleased so far. Will try some different pellets next time out and see what it likes. Tim

I agree, the S400 is a fantastic rifle. I've had one a few years and just love it.

Ive owned a few over the years, very reliable and accurate guns. The only let down is the stupid skinny barrel, I'm seriously thinking of selling my current one, once I source a more sturdy BSA Ultra. Every time I take my 400 hunting, I have to be so careful as to not knock the barrel and bugger up my zero.

S410TDR I have been very easy to use and very accurate AA world famous haha

The only small power

I have a 12 year old S410 Classic and it is a great rifle. Shoots straight and is accurate up to just about 60 yards. I Get just about 80 good shots before the power starts to drop then at 90 the power really drops off.

Would recommend this rifle to anyone, especially new starters or recent returners to the hobby.

Ross

I am considering my first PCP rifle so the info in this thread is very useful, thanks everyone.

I have started saving!!