Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need some ugly! Bullpup springers

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

I need some ugly! Bullpup springers

I have a hankering for a bullpup springer. Does anyone have any thoughts, ideas or long forgotten projects they'd like to share?

TonyL's Predator is simply awesome, but I remember a bullpup HW80 in a magazine in the 80's. The SAS 80 I seem to recall, but I can find no trace of it. I've even asked on here before to no avail.

Your thoughts gentlemen?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

You building one?

My old Drummond lathe is buggered so I'll not be finishing mine.

I can't remember everything as the parts and notes aren't to hand.

Old supersport cylinder, lugs were damaged. Its ideal, as the barrel locking pin is in the breech jaws, I.e no hole in the cylinder as its in the breech area under the barrel.

Turn the cylinder upside down, and back to front. Cut off the breech jaws. Weld the transfer port up.

You can now drill down into the cylinder near the "face" to replicate the transfer port.

The barrel will be an overlever type arrangement. The barrel will be build into the cocking arm. The cocking arm, bolted into a bracket that is welded to the cylinder near the old trigger area. A rail system was to be incorporated to mount a scope.

The trigger will be welded into the old "top" of the cylinder. Opposite to where it should of been. I'm sure the piston I had, had a slot for the trigger to engage, so cocking slot on the cylinder could be left on the top, so it can be cocked!

The transfer port area, would need to be custom made unless an example could be found. Ie from a webley nemesis etc.
    The barrel would lock into the transfer port bracket around it.

I got no further as I'm on the hunt for a lathe, have been for a while

Not sure if it's what your looking for, but I was inspired to build one. I just haven't finished it.

How about doing a sidelever bullpup, Nick?

I think the sidelever format would suit the bullpup idea so well, with no slot required underneath the forend for a cocking lever, leaving more room for the trigger linkage.

Imagine a bullpup based on the already stumpy Tracker!

Or a more modern design based around the Diana 52 platform.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How about doing a sidelever bullpup, Nick?

Or a more modern design based around the Diana 52 platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2V3rDIvZsY

Jason

"You see I'm against hunting, in fact I'm a hunt saboteur. I go out the night before and shoot the fox." - Tim Vine

It's been done

I quite like this one, or, to be more precise, I admire the quality of workmanship:

http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic64645-30.html

Scroll down a lot:

http://airenlaces.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/bullpups.html

And this:

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/5278360..._navigate=true

Quote Originally Posted by pertinaxone View Post
    Cheers for posting, Jason.

The Diana, with its massive swept volume, could easily accommodate a shorter barrel, too, making it even more compact. Plus, unlike a break barrel, or under-barrel underlever, cocking lever length isn't compromised by reducing the barrel length.

And with a little more refined styling on that stock, it could also look quite elegant.

Me likes!

Mmmm......I don't own a '52. And I don't need and really shouldn't be buying any more, but.......
    Last edited by TonyL; 30-07-2016 at 07:52 PM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Here's a couple of bullpups; a HW80K .25 and a Webley Tracker .22. The first one is said to be a Kestock Conversion,
    but I'm not sure if that's true. I bought it from England as is.
    The Tracker is made by B&M Modifications about 16 yrs or so ago after some mailing with Keith Mepham.
    Maybe they fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
    You building one?

My old Drummond lathe is buggered so I'll not be finishing mine.

I can't remember everything as the parts and notes aren't to hand.

Old supersport cylinder, lugs were damaged. Its ideal, as the barrel locking pin is in the breech jaws, I.e no hole in the cylinder as its in the breech area under the barrel.

Turn the cylinder upside down, and back to front. Cut off the breech jaws. Weld the transfer port up.

You can now drill down into the cylinder near the "face" to replicate the transfer port.

The barrel will be an overlever type arrangement. The barrel will be build into the cocking arm. The cocking arm, bolted into a bracket that is welded to the cylinder near the old trigger area. A rail system was to be incorporated to mount a scope.

The trigger will be welded into the old "top" of the cylinder. Opposite to where it should of been. I'm sure the piston I had, had a slot for the trigger to engage, so cocking slot on the cylinder could be left on the top, so it can be cocked!

The transfer port area, would need to be custom made unless an example could be found. Ie from a webley nemesis etc.
    The barrel would lock into the transfer port bracket around it.

I got no further as I'm on the hunt for a lathe, have been for a while

Not sure if it's what your looking for, but I was inspired to build one. I just haven't finished it.
    You sound like you may be related to me..... Do I know you?
    Edd.
    The only good rat is a dead rat and the best poison to use is lead.... .25 Flavour
    No I don't want the bucket closer

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Here's a couple of bullpups; a HW80K .25 and a Webley Tracker .22. The first one is said to be a Kestock Conversion,
    The Tracker is made by B&M Modifications about 16 yrs or so ago after some mailing with Keith Mepham.
    Maybe they fit.

That top one is EXACTLY what I'm after! I'm guessing its made of pure unobtainium though and one will never come up for sale.

I guess I'll have to make one.......
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Maybe they fit.

I like the Tracker.

As for the '80 being a Kestock, I'm really not sure.

I knew Steve Thornley as a very good friend, from 1984. Unfortunately, we lost touch in late 2000 and, very sadly, he passed away in December 2009.

In the early days of The Predator, I played with the prototype many times and gave it a few trial runs in some early FT competitions. It was fully stocked, albeit a little "slabby" compared to the five that were later made, with more snoopy stocks made by Custom Stocks of Sheffield.

Steve never mentioned a "stock less" bullpup, so I'll have a wild guess that it isn't one of his, although I could be wrong.

I'm hopeless at doing links, but if you googled up "Kestock Predator" you'll find a video that Neil180 kindly made of my Predator.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I just watched The Predator vid and yeah that's a lovely looking piece of kit and boy that's some extension of the trigger from its normal position.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Tony,
    I've done som mailing with Steve Thornley's son and he told me it wasn't a Kestock and i believe so.
    When I bought I was told that it was but it seems wrong as I've learnt by now.
    I try to look up your Predator would be nice to find it, never seen it just read about it.
    Here's another BP, a TX200MKII .22, this one is also done by B&M back in -97 .

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    That top one is EXACTLY what I'm after! I'm guessing its made of pure unobtainium though and one will never come up for sale.

I got a 25mm Diana 52 that would make a good base for a project and it could not possibly turn out any worse than your last '52 effort.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

Are we talking about the same one?

http://s78.photobucket.com/user/per1...ml?sort=3&o=26

If so...
    Make me one too.
    I like the whole 'stripped down' vibe.

How are doing with your Alros Trailsman?
    I am so pleased with mine, and the second tube UKNeil made for me gives me a very productive and long day on the 20 acre permission I have.

Bullpups bring out the worst in people (Tone being the exception ).

What you want to do see, is a AK-47 springer conversion.

Or, on a completely different tack, an AK-47 PCP conversion.