Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need some ugly! Bullpup springers

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Tony,
    I've done som mailing with Steve Thornley's son and he told me it wasn't a Kestock and i believe so.
    When I bought I was told that it was but it seems wrong as I've learnt by now.
    I try to look up your Predator would be nice to find it, never seen it just read about it.
    Here's another BP, a TX200MKII .22, this one is also done by B&M back in -97 .

Like the TX!

If Robert, Steve's son, says he didn't do it, that'll be correct.

When I last spoke to Robert, we had a chat about a few things. Like a (supposedly) Kestock lightened HW80 piston that, I seem to remember, made about £200 on a certain auction site! And Robert's (older model) HW50, that I always wanted to buy. Both of these were stolen from Steve's shed.

I have heard various versions of the whereabouts of the other four Custom Stock stocked Predators, including one saying that Dave Hall (ex Bonnie and Clyde tuning) had acquired them, and maybe moved on. Another rumour was that there were four in Scandinavia. Now, with you sharing pictures of yours, I wonder how much truth there was in that?

Be nice to know the whereabouts and the state of those rifles and the original prototype.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by POK! View Post

I might have a bash at a stockless 99 like the HW80 example posted earlier. Could be shorter and lighter still.
    Good thinking, sir.

I have often thought that a 99, with the hinged cocking lever, would lend itself nicely to such a project. The Predator runs a similar layout, the lever itself running on some of Ivan and Dave's lovely synthetic bearings. My Pred is currently with Steve. It was 'Glided in 1990 and is still smooth, consistent and with a very healthy power output. But thought a refresh was in order.

And I wanted Steve to do it as, although I could do it, I wanted the "authenticity" to remain intact.

He also has my 77 Vantage there.

The Boingermen would love to see you at a Boinger Bash one day, as you obviously have the knowledge and passion with the springers.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have a hankering for a bullpup springer. Does anyone have any thoughts, ideas or long forgotten projects they'd like to share?

TonyL's Predator is simply awesome, but I remember a bullpup HW80 in a magazine in the 80's. The SAS 80 I seem to recall, but I can find no trace of it. I've even asked on here before to no avail.

Your thoughts gentlemen?
    I remember the same article: 'Shoot And Survive' it apparently stood for. It was in Airgunner. Amazing what you remember....

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post
    I remember the same article: 'Shoot And Survive' it apparently stood for. It was in Airgunner. Amazing what you remember....

THANKYOU!!!!!!

I thought I'd imagined it.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How about doing a sidelever bullpup, Nick?

I think the sidelever format would suit the bullpup idea so well, with no slot required underneath the forend for a cocking lever, leaving more room for the trigger linkage.

Imagine a bullpup based on the already stumpy Tracker!

Or a more modern design based around the Diana 52 platform.
    Hey tone, think Nick already turned a 52 into a pistol!

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    Thats been done!!
    A gunsmith in London was converting the Junkers to run on air and very nice they were....he also upgraded a lot of other parts on them too...damn i wished i'd have bought one!!
    Nice. Springer action or do you mean high pressure air in the magazine instead of a Co2 bulb?

I think I could fit an IZH MP-61 action in an AK frame, given a big enough hammer...

I'm not taken with this idea much, a bit like a Paratrooper or BSA Scorpion with the extension, those were fun
    Nice things happen to nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Hey tone, think Nick already turned a 52 into a pistol!
    He done what???

The little fella'd struggle to keep that on aim!!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    That top one is EXACTLY what I'm after! I'm guessing its made of pure unobtainium though and one will never come up for sale.

I guess I'll have to make one.......
    I agree, that's quite cool... quite ASI paratrooper-esque. Doesn't look to hard to be honest, I might have a go with a cheapy springer... my Slavia might be getting some serious attention shortly...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.