Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anschutz 335 in 177

sister's

A pair of 335's,mk1 & mk2 in .22 flavour,the mk2 I have just put back together after having Mr Molloy work his magic on the metal work,polished the piston/lined with 0.25 ptfe sheet and had to buff the chamber with some solvol,replaced the piston washer with one of the diana/vortek type parachute seals and pre-loaded the original spring with 1 x nylon washer.It was doing a mere 7.5ftlb and now it's doing just a shade under 10ftlb with 14.5grn pellets...I expect it to maybe reach the 10ftlb mark when the new washer fully beds in,only done around 30 shots since being put back together.
    The mk1 I got of gingernut on here and it's condition is 9.9 out of ten,it's doing 8ftlb at the moment,not sure if I will give it the same treatment though as it probably just needs a re-lube.
    Both very accurate guns.
    http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/we...ebszk.jpg.html
    Last edited by weebster; 11-12-2016 at 04:40 PM.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I think the biggest problem with trying to boost the 335's power lies in the fact that the original gun was aimed squarely at the German market and even at the time it was introduced, Domestic German airguns were comparatively low powered, mainly because there's no hunting requirement for them over there. Even the ones made for export to "higher powered" markets such as UK were only ever putting out about 9 ft/lbs. Perhaps it's just not designed for it?
    I think I may just have buggered up a low powered, but very sweet shooting Haenel 303 by ignoring my own logic It remains to be seen.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    I think the biggest problem with trying to boost the 335's power lies in the fact that the original gun was aimed squarely at the German market and even at the time it was introduced, Domestic German airguns were comparatively low powered, mainly because there's no hunting requirement for them over there. Even the ones made for export to "higher powered" markets such as UK were only ever putting out about 9 ft/lbs. Perhaps it's just not designed for it?
    I think I may just have buggered up a low powered, but very sweet shooting Haenel 303 by ignoring my own logic It remains to be seen.
    You are right,the annie never was that powerful and if you could get it to 10ftlb it shoots very nice and retains it's best feature...accuracy. I seem to recall some hw35's were low in the power stakes,could well have been a mix up between the uk/german market as in guns for the german market being imported by mistake.
    The annie on the other hand was never meant to be an 11ftlb+ rifle imo....mine is now bedding in nicely and I'll be more than happy running it at 10ftlb.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    I have good news and bad news regarding this rifle. The good news is two fold. Firstly, I hadn't "buggered it up" permanently by putting a cut down Hawk spring in it. I put the original spring back in it and that sorted out the not cocking problem. Secondly I found a German retailer who stocks spare parts and accepts Visa, so I duly ordered the bits of the safety catch that my rifle is missing and a new "export feder" main spring. If you're thinking that "this is all going too smoothly", you're right.
    Once I'd got it back together and shooting I decided I'd adjust the trigger pull; trouble is I set it too light and the rifle discharged half way through me closing the barrel. This sheared off the cocking shoe, so I've now had to do another order from Germany for a new cocking arm
    In future, I'll put up with the heavy trigger and not try to go too light.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.