Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anschutz 335 in 177

TP Diameter Mods

Hi Helm,
    In my tests above I used 4.52 Exacts, which felt required the same pressure to seat in the breech as the Hobbys and the BisMags. Jon is far more knowledgeable than I, (and I'm taking his advice to leave well alone...) so please take my TP adjustment method as inferior; but for what it's worth I use lengths of thin-walled (0.23mm approx.) brass tube. The 3.5mm bore tube is just less than 4.0mm outside diameter. The smaller sizes fit inside the size above, so the 3mm bore tube fits into the 3.5mm and so on. So to try a 3.0mm port I leave the 3.5mm tube in place ad fit a length of 3mm bore tube inside it. I slightly roughen and degrease the tubes and hold them in place with a smear of silicone sealant left overnight to cure. This way I can add and remove tubes without disassembly, and have never yet had a tube become displaced in use.

Hope this helps,
    Bill.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Pretty much as above, I used thin tube from portable radio telescopic ariels, and superglue or loctite in place - holds forever. Not sure silicone would last, but fine for testing. If it's a particularly large or weird size, I turn some brass rod to suit, then drill as req'd.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

anschutz 335

Hi i have been reading this thread with interest as i have 335 in .177 that i spent a couple of years trying to get it over 8ftlb.I have managed to get 10ftlb by making a piston head that takes a o ring and sleeved the TP down to 3mm with a removable sleeve but still tinkering

hi guys
    thanks for the joint info on the tp liners,

threelander...what spring have you used ?

do you think you have increased volume with the seal conversion ?

my biggest problem is the small stock so i am currently fitting the mech into an ab- used walther kk walnut stock

cheers ian

anschuts 335

hi Helm off the top of my head i remember exactly the spring i used .I think it was a spring i ordered for the gun from Helstons down on the south coast but thats what going to be looking at next trying different springs and see what the results are.As regards the Oring conversion yes the piston head was about 3mm shorter than original so i guess theres more volume.I have allways had this little niggling thought in the back of my mind that the breach blocks on these guns may leak like the weihrauch 35.I have no evidence of this its just stuck in my head that its the reason we struggle to get the power out of them but reading comments above it seems to be that its the comp tube thats out of true.I will just keep tinkering with it

hi all
    not changed the seal yet, so tried a 1.5cm spacer and 14 .2 ftlbs consistent ...going to try 1cm now and get to low 11s
    cheers ian

sorry jon budd noticed you are looking for a 177 barrel ,saw lg55 one on e gun for 20€ the other day cheers ian

hi all
    wont let me post pics but now in walther target stock and looks nice

finally ended up at 10.8 ft lbs...with superfield field line 4.51 still think it likes 4.52 more
    it still has athe original piston seal do im hoping for just over 11 with an o ring conversion
    the spring is sleeved really tight in the piston and the same with the guide ,,but no top hat
    its firing cycle is very smooth with little recoil
    the sprind a vortek v130 was shortened by 3 coils to 220 mm perhaps one too many and now has a 5mill delrin spacer
    (when it was over 14 it had a 1cmm spacer i think it would take 1.5 before the voils bind on cocking)
    i have not tried transfer port tuning yet. but i may leave alone for a while and just shoot it
    cheers ian

Is there am alternative piston seal for the 335 other than the tr robb one?
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Is there am alternative piston seal for the 335 other than the tr robb one?
    what is the tube diameter ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

vortek do a seal conversion for 28mm diana,thats what i have used and works very well ...cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    what is the tube diameter ?
    Can't measure it at the moment as it's away being re-blued

Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post
    vortek do a seal conversion for 28mm diana,thats what i have used and works very well ...cheers ian
    Thanks Ian,do have a link to the seal or is it any 28mm diana seal?
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....HUTZ-335/page1

It's a bit rambly, but in a good way, including really good input from some of the best members on here. It may or not help the OP, but I found it a good read.

I have a 335 that needs sorting, so I would welcome it if this thread reached a clear view in how best to sort them. My own view is tending to a smooth/lube tune and moderate spring, rather than chasing 11.99 ft/lbs.

Well, if it's 28mm, then the diana seals will work. No idea what the stock Annie design looks like, but the diana seal is not very deep (it's like a larger OD TX 200 seal), so you may gain a little stroke.

I still the the port needs to come down a bit too.

hi
    just seen protek have their diana 28mm seal conversion ,...I would get that and the v130 spring from them ,and a plastic guide to fit ..the big difference to smoothness comes from a very tight piston sleeve ..i made mine from a plastic nail varnish bottle (acetone based best for degrease) from the pound shop leaving a gap to match the slot in the piston either super glue or 2 pack in place
    cheers ian
    sorry no chrono results as ricochet from trap hit back of chrono on 7 shot with my 77 dohhhhhh