Thread: Enfield P53

Enfield P53

I have just recently purchase an old Enfield p53 dated 1855 MOD Birmingham proof marks. I am looking to restore it and then on my ticket.

The rifle has now been striped down and is being cleaned, the hardest part was moving the nipple that had been there for many years, but has now been remove with a broken bolt remover tool.

I am currently looking for. Sergeants tool - original

Any help would be great.

Welcome, have you tried Evilbay,keep us informed how the restoration goes.

Yes, some in the US, looking for the early pattern or Y model, the hunt continues

Also looking for a reproduction bore scraper, so I can clean out the back of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    I have just recently purchase an old Enfield p53 dated 1855 MOD Birmingham proof marks. I am looking to restore it and then on my ticket.

The rifle has now been striped down and is being cleaned, the hardest part was moving the nipple that had been there for many years, but has now been remove with a broken bolt remover tool.

I am currently looking for. Sergeants tool - original

Any help would be great.
    Peter Dyson has every spare part you might ever need, including sergeant's combination tool. Pricey, but necessary. I have the repro that came with my P-H Musketoon. Take my advice and replace the old one with a new one and put a copper washer under it. Also be aware that bores can be anything between .580" and .590".

Got any pics?

tac

Does he have a website, I will try and post some pics at the weekend

I am also looking for a bullet mold, there are some fantastic FAQs on YouTube on building the ammo.