Thread: F300S and F300SU ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

F300S and F300SU ?

Whats's the difference between the two besides the "U" ?
    Thanks
    “An airgun or two”………

The SU had an adjustable cheekpiece. On earlier models it consisted of replaceable cheekpiece blocks of different heights, but I think on the last SU models it was adjustable by raising or lowering. I think the SU was designed more as a three-position target rifle (Universal); there may be other differences, I am sure someone else will know more.

Matt

SU had a different stock (mine did a anyway) more rounded that the flat bottom taget stock of the S model. Also had removeable front sight and actually came with two different height tunnel sights and rear sight raisers to support the adjustable cheek piece, early one has two separate hight cheek piece whereas later were adjustable, Zooma will be able to correct me if any of this is wrong and he would be welcome to do so as probably has far more knowlage than me on FWB300's. Have a look on his website "bobs airguns" and you can see examples of both versions, internally I think they were exactly the same.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I assume left handed versions were available ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I assume left handed versions were available ?
    Definitely were on the S model. Never seen a L/H SU but that's not to say they weren't available, the SU can be a little harder to come by and used prices are normally slightly higher.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Lefties were available, although I've never seen one in person. Here's an early SU leftie.

Garvin's excellent VAG (Vintage Airgun Gallery) is always a good starting point for information. Have a look at the FWB section, here, it shows the main three SU variants and there's a selection of brochures too. HTH